I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Bone scan results tomorrow

User
Posted 08 Feb 2024 at 18:50

Hello all, new member first question, thank you for being here , it’s a bit scary isn’t it 

quick summary , low level possible symptoms Nov 23, 2 x PSA results 5.7 & 5.8 referred to urology (had to google it)

told my levels were low and no concerns , digital check confirmed previous as slightly enlarged, referred for MRI, then based on that a growth identified so biopsy

results confirmed prostate cancer, high grade , Gleason 4&5, stage T3a not sure what a means but told its aggressive and in a place where it could spread so following day (last Friday) had gamma ray bone scan 

then made mistake of reading hand outs from hospital, it reads as though if in my bones it becomes stage 4 and untreatable 😳

I will find out a lot more tomorrow at 10.40, but from low level symptoms and don’t worry to this, has got me scared 

sorry to ramble 

User
Posted 09 Feb 2024 at 15:50

Had my bone scan results today which show no cancer in my bones 👍

Seems odd to be happy, but it’s the best outcome we could have today, need to talk to oncologist to confirm preferred option for radio therapy preceded by hormone treatment 

the fight back begins 🙏👍

User
Posted 08 Feb 2024 at 21:44

Hello David

sorry you find yourself here, but glad you have found us (if that makes sense). Don’t listen to Google. Only listen to what your consultant tells you, or the advice of the wonderful people on here, who all have first hand experience of this disease.

get the facts tomorrow mate, then a suitable treatment plan can be put in place.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Ian.

User
Posted 08 Feb 2024 at 18:50

Hello all, new member first question, thank you for being here , it’s a bit scary isn’t it 

quick summary , low level possible symptoms Nov 23, 2 x PSA results 5.7 & 5.8 referred to urology (had to google it)

told my levels were low and no concerns , digital check confirmed previous as slightly enlarged, referred for MRI, then based on that a growth identified so biopsy

results confirmed prostate cancer, high grade , Gleason 4&5, stage T3a not sure what a means but told its aggressive and in a place where it could spread so following day (last Friday) had gamma ray bone scan 

then made mistake of reading hand outs from hospital, it reads as though if in my bones it becomes stage 4 and untreatable 😳

I will find out a lot more tomorrow at 10.40, but from low level symptoms and don’t worry to this, has got me scared 

sorry to ramble 

User
Posted 08 Feb 2024 at 21:55

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
 confirmed prostate cancer, high grade , Gleason 4&5, stage T3a not sure what a means but told its aggressive and in a place where it could spread so following day (last Friday) had gamma ray bone scan

Hi David,

Welcome to the forum. l'm a couple of years older than you, my PSA was 6.6,  but I had the same Gleason score and cancer staging as you. I had a prostatectomy a year ago and everything seems to be going as well as can be expected. Prior to my op my bone scan was all clear. I hope yours is too. 

Whatever the results we'll be here to help and support you. Best of luck mate.

Edited by member 08 Feb 2024 at 22:06  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 09 Feb 2024 at 16:11

Great news David, really pleased for you. 👏👏👏
I remember being so relieved when I got that news!

Is your only treatment option HT and RT or are you being offered Prostatectomy?

Good luck with your treatment whatever it is,

Derek

User
Posted 09 Feb 2024 at 17:57

In my first discussion when diagnosed, only 8 days ago but feels like 8 months, I stated a preference not to have surgery based solely on an uncles bad experience 

still to be confirmed as final choice when I meet my oncologist 

User
Posted 09 Feb 2024 at 18:42

David,

I’m pleased you got that choice, not an easy one maybe but you’ll feel better once you’ve got your plan in place.

Good luck with it.

Derek

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 08 Feb 2024 at 21:44

Hello David

sorry you find yourself here, but glad you have found us (if that makes sense). Don’t listen to Google. Only listen to what your consultant tells you, or the advice of the wonderful people on here, who all have first hand experience of this disease.

get the facts tomorrow mate, then a suitable treatment plan can be put in place.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Ian.

User
Posted 08 Feb 2024 at 21:55

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
 confirmed prostate cancer, high grade , Gleason 4&5, stage T3a not sure what a means but told its aggressive and in a place where it could spread so following day (last Friday) had gamma ray bone scan

Hi David,

Welcome to the forum. l'm a couple of years older than you, my PSA was 6.6,  but I had the same Gleason score and cancer staging as you. I had a prostatectomy a year ago and everything seems to be going as well as can be expected. Prior to my op my bone scan was all clear. I hope yours is too. 

Whatever the results we'll be here to help and support you. Best of luck mate.

Edited by member 08 Feb 2024 at 22:06  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 09 Feb 2024 at 15:50

Had my bone scan results today which show no cancer in my bones 👍

Seems odd to be happy, but it’s the best outcome we could have today, need to talk to oncologist to confirm preferred option for radio therapy preceded by hormone treatment 

the fight back begins 🙏👍

User
Posted 09 Feb 2024 at 16:11

Great news David, really pleased for you. 👏👏👏
I remember being so relieved when I got that news!

Is your only treatment option HT and RT or are you being offered Prostatectomy?

Good luck with your treatment whatever it is,

Derek

User
Posted 09 Feb 2024 at 17:57

In my first discussion when diagnosed, only 8 days ago but feels like 8 months, I stated a preference not to have surgery based solely on an uncles bad experience 

still to be confirmed as final choice when I meet my oncologist 

User
Posted 09 Feb 2024 at 18:42

David,

I’m pleased you got that choice, not an easy one maybe but you’ll feel better once you’ve got your plan in place.

Good luck with it.

Derek