I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Pelvic Floor exercises after RARP - frequency

User
Posted 19 Feb 2024 at 11:16

I am nearly four months post RARP at Addenbrookes and grateful to be 95% dry. Putting it down to working the pelvic floor a lot before and after surgery.  Would appreciate any thoughts on how many times a day I need to continue the pelvic floor exercises. I am currently doing the 10 reps on quick and hold 10 seconds three times a day, as Addenbrookes recommend, but they did not specify how many times a day after surgery and if you can reduce over time. I feel three times a day is enough. I know we are supposed to do them for the rest of our lives. We are all different but wonder if others have experience that three sessions across the day is enough if you are pretty much dry to keep dry.  

User
Posted 19 Feb 2024 at 11:22

Post RP I was doing pelvic floor exercises 3 times a day. I was told by the clinical nursing team that I needed to increase to 6 times a day. A used to use the squeezey app on my phone to guide me. 

User
Posted 19 Feb 2024 at 11:34

Thanks. This will be a question at my next PSA test/review at the end of March but thought I would canvas opinion.

User
Posted 19 Feb 2024 at 14:37

Hi,

I'm over four years post op, 100% dry, and I still do my PFC's twice a day.. plus some extras while I'm driving. The logic being that I want to maintain my continence as I get older.

Cheers,

Kev.