I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Blood spot

User
Posted 01 Mar 2024 at 13:41

Was diagnosed in 2019 with local advanced T3a. I’ve had 20 sessions of radio therapy and 3 years hormone therapy. My PSA is 0.1. For the last couple of years.

I have now noticed a trace of blood in seminal fluid. Any comments or advice would be very welcome.

User
Posted 01 Mar 2024 at 20:28

My diagnosis, time frame and treatment are similar to yours. About a year ago I had some blood in my urine. I was checked out fairly thoroughly by the hospital. Nothing was found and it has never happened again.

You definitely need to let your oncologist or GP know. Hopefully it will be as uneventful for you as it turned out for me.

Dave

User
Posted 02 Mar 2024 at 08:13

I had the same thing 3 years after radiotherapy had a cystoscopy which was all clear like Dave never happened again the cystoscopy gave me piece off mind that no trace off cancer was found helpful mentally gaz 👍

User
Posted 02 Mar 2024 at 09:19

Minor bleeding after radiotherapy is not unexpected. I did read here some time ago the peak time for this in the case of rectal bleeding is 4½ after radiotherapy. Healing after radiotherapy tends to cause the formation of fine fragile surface blood vessels which can break, but this is usually harmless unless you are losing enough blood to become anemic.

However, as said, you always need to report this to your clinicians, because they will need to check it's not another cancer, at least in the case of rectal bleeding or hematuria (blood in urine). I'm not sure what, if anything, they'll do for hematospermia (blood in semen) after radiotherapy.