Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Dad diagnosed with Gleason 8 (4+4)

User
Posted 12 Mar 2024 at 10:10

Hi all,

This week, we did not get good news, my dad diagnosed with a Gleason 8 (4+4) after a biospy.

-Left Side: 6/6 cylinders affected, 90% sample occupied by carcinoma, perineural invasion

-Right Side:  1/6 cylinders affected, 5% sample occupied by carcinoma, no perineural invasion

- PSA: 7.13 ng/ml

What should we expect with this? This week he has a CT scan and a scintigraphy. I am very worried that it may have spread...

Thanks you

Edited by member 12 Mar 2024 at 11:16  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 12 Mar 2024 at 12:59

Hi Emman,

Sorry to hear about your dad but it would be wrong for anyone on here to suggest what you can expect. What we CAN do is offer you support💪

Yes the waiting is tough but until he has all the tests and the MDT[multi disciplinary team) meets to discuss his case, it’s impossible to say what he can expect.

I won’t tell you not to worry but do try and keep busy with your dad and give yourselves lots of treats, I think this really helps to stop thinking the worst. If he is struggling to cope find out if their are any local support groups such as Maggies he can go along to, they have transformed the way I deal with this disease.

I wish your dad all the best on his journey!

Derek

User
Posted 12 Mar 2024 at 10:10

Hi all,

This week, we did not get good news, my dad diagnosed with a Gleason 8 (4+4) after a biospy.

-Left Side: 6/6 cylinders affected, 90% sample occupied by carcinoma, perineural invasion

-Right Side:  1/6 cylinders affected, 5% sample occupied by carcinoma, no perineural invasion

- PSA: 7.13 ng/ml

What should we expect with this? This week he has a CT scan and a scintigraphy. I am very worried that it may have spread...

Thanks you

Edited by member 12 Mar 2024 at 11:16  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 20 Mar 2024 at 09:23

Fortunately, the cancer has not spread to lymph nodes or bones and today they are telling him what treatment will be required. Imagine what the Prostectomy, hormone therapy and radio will be like.

User
Posted 20 Mar 2024 at 09:28

That’s good news Emman, I’m not sure what your last sentence means but there are lots of members on here who have documents their journey of different treatments. They reckon the outcome is fairly similar between RARP and HT/RT so if you’ve got a choice of treatment it’s worth considering the side effects and duration of each of the treatments. Also if there is a recurrence, what the Plan B would be.

Good luck to your dad whatever treatment he goes for.

Derek

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 12 Mar 2024 at 11:12
Hi, it’s a horrible worrying time. All the waiting. Once all the tests are complete they will be discussed at MDT and he will get an appointment to discuss his treatment options.

It’s natural to fear the worse.

Once we saw urologist and oncologist we felt slightly better knowing there were options, and even better once treatment started.

Hoping you do too.

User
Posted 12 Mar 2024 at 12:59

Hi Emman,

Sorry to hear about your dad but it would be wrong for anyone on here to suggest what you can expect. What we CAN do is offer you support💪

Yes the waiting is tough but until he has all the tests and the MDT[multi disciplinary team) meets to discuss his case, it’s impossible to say what he can expect.

I won’t tell you not to worry but do try and keep busy with your dad and give yourselves lots of treats, I think this really helps to stop thinking the worst. If he is struggling to cope find out if their are any local support groups such as Maggies he can go along to, they have transformed the way I deal with this disease.

I wish your dad all the best on his journey!

Derek

User
Posted 20 Mar 2024 at 09:23

Fortunately, the cancer has not spread to lymph nodes or bones and today they are telling him what treatment will be required. Imagine what the Prostectomy, hormone therapy and radio will be like.

User
Posted 20 Mar 2024 at 09:28

That’s good news Emman, I’m not sure what your last sentence means but there are lots of members on here who have documents their journey of different treatments. They reckon the outcome is fairly similar between RARP and HT/RT so if you’ve got a choice of treatment it’s worth considering the side effects and duration of each of the treatments. Also if there is a recurrence, what the Plan B would be.

Good luck to your dad whatever treatment he goes for.

Derek