I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Shingles and Covid Booster

User
Posted 25 Apr 2024 at 08:12

Hi, All I'm due my next 4 monthly PSA test on the 14th May, however yesterday I had my shingles vaccination and I'm due a Covid Booster on the 11th May, my question is can either of these vaccinations cause any rise in my PSA results? Cheers 

User
Posted 27 Apr 2024 at 22:17

I would definitley not have a covid booster. It is a con and we have all fallen for it.  I am never having another one . Overall the side effects and long term problems are not good.  Read up about it . We were all conned.  Stay safe.

User
Posted 28 Apr 2024 at 17:00

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

I would definitley not have a covid booster. It is a con and we have all fallen for it.  I am never having another one . Overall the side effects and long term problems are not good.  Read up about it . We were all conned.  Stay safe.

well it’s massively reduced the deaths from covid, allowed the NHS to function again, stopped lockdowns so I will be having it.

each to their own ay? 🙂

User
Posted 28 Apr 2024 at 20:42

Well I agree that we all have a different perspective on things and it does depend on individual experience , what you research and then believe. I know that Covid has been terrible for some and that people have died from it but also that the vaccine has affected others really badly as well. Long term who knows??

BUT  I really do not think the NHS is functioning as well at is was pre covid and it was struggling before that anyway. It has been on the decline for many years now and mostly to do with massive increase in demand together with incompetence from poor management  and absolute terrible wastage. But that is  par for the course with the pathetic governments we have had  and their total ineptitude and lack of caring.

I could go on but my blood pressure is rising!!

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 25 Apr 2024 at 11:26

A few years ago I had my COVID jab about two days before my PSA test. There was nothing unusual about my PSA test result. Others have reported issues. I would just have the PSA test as normal and if it is not what you expect have another PSA in a couple of weeks.

Dave

User
Posted 27 Apr 2024 at 10:39

Some COVID vaccinations have resulted in a PSA level 4 or more times higher than expected just afterwards for a month or so afterwards. Take that into account, or bring the PSA test forward. I wouldn't suggest delaying the COVID booster.

COVID infections can have the same effect.

User
Posted 27 Apr 2024 at 22:17

User
Posted 28 Apr 2024 at 17:00

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

well it’s massively reduced the deaths from covid, allowed the NHS to function again, stopped lockdowns so I will be having it.

each to their own ay? 🙂

User
Posted 28 Apr 2024 at 20:19
Fringe pseudoscience apart, the case for the efficacy and safety of the Covid vaccine is overwhelming. I personally wouldn't (and didn't) hesitate to get all mine done.

Best wishes,

Chris
User
Posted 28 Apr 2024 at 20:42

Well I agree that we all have a different perspective on things and it does depend on individual experience , what you research and then believe. I know that Covid has been terrible for some and that people have died from it but also that the vaccine has affected others really badly as well. Long term who knows??

BUT  I really do not think the NHS is functioning as well at is was pre covid and it was struggling before that anyway. It has been on the decline for many years now and mostly to do with massive increase in demand together with incompetence from poor management  and absolute terrible wastage. But that is  par for the course with the pathetic governments we have had  and their total ineptitude and lack of caring.

I could go on but my blood pressure is rising!!

User
Posted 29 Apr 2024 at 21:41

I think we can agree that the NHS's functioning has been on the decline for many years (if you look at the data, since around 2010... funny that). And some may think that the management isn't optimal, but any reorganisation would suck huge amounts of money out of the inadequate amounts it has for treating patients so there is no point in proposing that (and there would be no guarantee of success, the Tories have reorganised the NHS twice and created more problems each time).

However while a few have had side effects from Covid vaccinations those haven't commonly been serious, although I don't belittle those that were. If you did the calculations on the outcomes of Covid infection in the UK you would realise that vaccinations have saved hundreds of thousands of lives, I am not sure how your claim of being affected "really badly" relates to that number of deaths.

Edited by member 30 Apr 2024 at 21:34  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 30 Apr 2024 at 08:28
Thanks for all the replies, I think I'll take Andy62 advise and postpone my Covid Booster until after my PSA test, cheers
User
Posted 30 Apr 2024 at 09:38

Just to be clear, I didn't say postpone COVID booster - you really want to take any opportunity offered to reduce the chance of getting or having a serious COVID infection.
I would bring the PSA test forwards.