I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

pet scan results

User
Posted 29 Apr 2024 at 16:59

I was just wondering how long people had to wait for results of pet scan. I have already been told I have prostate cancer  . I know it must be different depending on hospital .I was just trying to get a general idea

User
Posted 29 Apr 2024 at 17:44

It took nearly four weeks to get my PSMA PET scan results. This was a post surgery scan due to rising PSA. I'm assuming yours is to check for any spread to local lymph nodes etc. Waiting for all the answers is always an anxious time. You just want to get on with your treatment, whatever that might be. 

User
Posted 30 Apr 2024 at 06:49

In my case it took 3 weeks. I’ve found that chasing up everything helps, including the PET scan results.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 29 Apr 2024 at 17:44

It took nearly four weeks to get my PSMA PET scan results. This was a post surgery scan due to rising PSA. I'm assuming yours is to check for any spread to local lymph nodes etc. Waiting for all the answers is always an anxious time. You just want to get on with your treatment, whatever that might be. 

User
Posted 30 Apr 2024 at 06:49

In my case it took 3 weeks. I’ve found that chasing up everything helps, including the PET scan results.

User
Posted 03 May 2024 at 16:30

I waited 6 weeks for the formal response although my Oncologist did tell me that all appeared ok after about 2 weeks.

User
Posted 10 May 2024 at 10:20

As a follow on. I have to wait until 11th June for appointment it seems a long time. Question is is should for opinion only should I phone to see if my results are avliable 5 weeks is going to drive me crazy.

Thanks

User
Posted 10 May 2024 at 13:32

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

I have already been told I have prostate cancer  . 

Colin.

Have you been given any details of you diagnosis and have you started on any treatment.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 10 May 2024 at 14:13
I was told 5 weeks ago I had prostate cancer stage 3 have been told I will need treatment but until results dont know what
User
Posted 13 May 2024 at 20:40

Phoned up urology today and asked if I could have any information about results be 14th June. I did say I realised this was the earliest appointment. All the consultant would say to secretary was this was the earliest appointment and that was it.so I have another 4 weeks of worry