I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Template biopsy - that was easy!!

User
Posted 02 May 2024 at 07:27

Went for Template Biopsy yesterday, having previously had a TP one.

I was expecting this to be  more painful as it involved a lot more sample taking. However it turned out to be the opposite!!

I'm not saying the TP one was bad either, few scratches and done.

So far there is no bruising, minor soreness and very little blood in my pee.  Not checked if anything 'else' has blood in it yet though!!

The whole process was easy, arrived at the hospital at 7.30 and my wife picked me up at 11.45.

I was still a bit groggy but nothing serious.

Just got the wait for the results now.

Edited by member 02 May 2024 at 10:30  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 15 May 2024 at 09:52
Hi, well I've had some good news today!!

The template biopsy was also clear and I'm cancer free!!

Thanks to all of you for your support, it really helped.

There is hope after a pirad 5!!

User
Posted 03 May 2024 at 08:32

Cheers all, it is nice to be able to be positive.

The wait for the results is a slog, I've been given an appointment on the 15th of May to receive them so it's not really that far away.

I'm looking forward to getting them, this should finally either mean that I have PC or I have a benign tumour.

Either way, it's a line the sand and means I can get on with my life, whichever direction it takes me.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 02 May 2024 at 20:06

Shifty, thanks for passing this on , it's good to hear positive experiences.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 02 May 2024 at 20:22

Nice one Shifty. 

Like you, I've had two biopsies and had no problems with either, yet other blokes seem to struggle.

User
Posted 02 May 2024 at 21:47

Hi Shifty,

Ah! The wait for results again, always the worst time 😩

Good that you found the biopsies ok, I didn’t have any issues with my TP biopsy either.

Hopefully The results will be in your favour🤞🤞

Derek

User
Posted 03 May 2024 at 02:47

Hi Shifty,

I had 3 biopsies. 1st was 10 core and not much pleasant experience. I was a bit uncomfortable each time needles went and picked a sample and anxious about the next one. Time went passed slowly. 2nd biopsy with 15 core and 3rd with 24 core went by without feeling much. I tricked myself, kept talking with nurse standing beside me.

Edited by member 03 May 2024 at 02:50  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 03 May 2024 at 08:32

Cheers all, it is nice to be able to be positive.

The wait for the results is a slog, I've been given an appointment on the 15th of May to receive them so it's not really that far away.

I'm looking forward to getting them, this should finally either mean that I have PC or I have a benign tumour.

Either way, it's a line the sand and means I can get on with my life, whichever direction it takes me.

User
Posted 03 May 2024 at 08:55

I often wondered the difference is between the Template biopsy and the standard biopsy. I had a biopsy done under GA and was sent to an hospital miles away from my house. I have seen on here some folks having their biopsy done under local. I just wondering what the difference is between the two and if one can elect for one or the other?

User
Posted 03 May 2024 at 11:37

It's great to hear that your biopsy experience was smoother than expected. It sounds like you handled it like a champ! Your positive attitude towards the process can make a big difference in how you cope with everything. Now, it's onto the waiting game for results, which can be tough, but you've already shown courage. Remember, we're here to support you through every step of this journey. Sending positive vibes your way for swift and encouraging results!

User
Posted 15 May 2024 at 09:52
Hi, well I've had some good news today!!

The template biopsy was also clear and I'm cancer free!!

Thanks to all of you for your support, it really helped.

There is hope after a pirad 5!!

User
Posted 15 May 2024 at 10:42

Terrific news mate! 

It'll give me an excuse, a bit later, to have a celebratory drink.

User
Posted 15 May 2024 at 12:18

Great news Shifty. And thanks for getting back to us. 90% of people with a good result don't let us know so we get a very distorted view of prostate cancer diagnosis, from this forum.

Dave

User
Posted 17 May 2024 at 13:55

Congratulation Shifty!

🍾