I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Need help and advice on needing the toilet all the time and impotence

User
Posted 04 May 2024 at 22:23

Hi, I'm 57 years old and for the last couple of years I've been using the toilet a hell of a lot, I go at least 6 times during the night alone each time I only managed to pee about 100 ml or less, also I don't know if it connected in anyway but I have been impotent for the last 15 years, thanks in advance for any help or advice, Paul

User
Posted 04 May 2024 at 23:02

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to see that you're struggling.

Your symptoms could be caused by many different conditions. Have you sought any medical help? If not, I would, asap, just in case its anything serious.

User
Posted 04 May 2024 at 23:47

As Adrian asked, has anyone investigated any of this?

The urinary symptoms are typical of an enlarged prostate (which is nothing to do with prostate cancer). The enlargement squashes the urethra (pee pipe) which makes you pee slowly. You pee for a length of time which is plenty long enough to empty your bladder at a normal pee rate, but it's very likely you will finish peeing before you empty your bladder if peeing slowly, so you go back to bed with still a quite full bladder, and hence need to pee again soon. As something you can try immediately, try double voiding. That means when you finished peeing, wait a minute or two, and have another pee, to see if you can get more out (don't force it). Your GP There are around 10 causes for frequent peeing so it could be something else, although enlarged prostate is the most common.

There are lots of things which can cause impotence and some are quite serious, so you should always get the cause checked out even if you don't care about being impotent. Prostate cancer is one of the potential causes, but it's not near the top of the list.

Prostate Cancer usually has no symptoms, unless it's spread somewhere away from the prostate.

Edited by member 04 May 2024 at 23:50  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 05 May 2024 at 08:08

Hi Paul,

Whatever it is, if you have not already seen your GP, please make an appointment ASAP. DONT put it off, DONT be embarrassed, just DO it. I’m only emphasising it because I DIDN'T😡 (during COVID) and as a result my treatment options for PCa were restricted. Adrian and Andy have summed it up perfectly, so please take our advice and seek medical advice😊

Good luck,

Derek

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 04 May 2024 at 23:02

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to see that you're struggling.

Your symptoms could be caused by many different conditions. Have you sought any medical help? If not, I would, asap, just in case its anything serious.

User
Posted 04 May 2024 at 23:47

As Adrian asked, has anyone investigated any of this?

The urinary symptoms are typical of an enlarged prostate (which is nothing to do with prostate cancer). The enlargement squashes the urethra (pee pipe) which makes you pee slowly. You pee for a length of time which is plenty long enough to empty your bladder at a normal pee rate, but it's very likely you will finish peeing before you empty your bladder if peeing slowly, so you go back to bed with still a quite full bladder, and hence need to pee again soon. As something you can try immediately, try double voiding. That means when you finished peeing, wait a minute or two, and have another pee, to see if you can get more out (don't force it). Your GP There are around 10 causes for frequent peeing so it could be something else, although enlarged prostate is the most common.

There are lots of things which can cause impotence and some are quite serious, so you should always get the cause checked out even if you don't care about being impotent. Prostate cancer is one of the potential causes, but it's not near the top of the list.

Prostate Cancer usually has no symptoms, unless it's spread somewhere away from the prostate.

Edited by member 04 May 2024 at 23:50  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 05 May 2024 at 08:08

Hi Paul,

Whatever it is, if you have not already seen your GP, please make an appointment ASAP. DONT put it off, DONT be embarrassed, just DO it. I’m only emphasising it because I DIDN'T😡 (during COVID) and as a result my treatment options for PCa were restricted. Adrian and Andy have summed it up perfectly, so please take our advice and seek medical advice😊

Good luck,

Derek