I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PIRADS 5 on MRI

User
Posted 05 May 2024 at 08:01

I have just being in hospital with suspected  prostatitis and a E coil infection,2 weeks later I had a MRI scan and it showed a PIRADS 5 lesion but my consultant wants to wait another 12 weeks then do another MRI scan to see if the lesion is still there as it could be the prostatitis he said,but 5 weeks later I am still weeing a lot up 4 or 5 times a night I just think 12 weeks is a long time when the 1st MRI scan show a PIRADS 5?

User
Posted 05 May 2024 at 10:35

Weeing a lot is not normally a symptom of prostate cancer.

It's most commonly caused by an enlarged prostate, or in your case, probably by the infection or scarring from it which takes a few weeks to resolve (and 6 or more weeks to heal completely).

I would ask your GP for another urine test to check UTI is resolved. Don't be surprised if it still shows a small amount of blood or protein, as this takes 6 or more weeks to go completely after a UTI.

If you are getting repeated UTI's that needs investigating. In men, that's most commonly caused by incomplete voiding (not emptying your bladder when you pee), which in turn is caused by enlarged prostate.