I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Has anyone experienced this issue?

User
Posted 07 May 2024 at 18:13

I have been on a variety of hormone treatment since 2019.

For the last 16 months I have experienced loss of balance, unsteadiness and stumbling. Has anyone on HT experienced similar issues.

I  have had so many tests without a conclusive outcome.

User
Posted 07 May 2024 at 21:10

Anthony, I am 72 ,my balance and steadiness has got worse over the last few years. I did have bicalutamide for six months,but I wouldn't put my issues down to the bicalutamide.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 07 May 2024 at 21:42

I had problems with balance around 15 years ago, long before cancer. 

I was diagnosed as having an inner ear problem, something to do with floating particles in the ear canals. The solution believe it or not was something called the "Epley Maneuver". It may seem to be nonsense but it was recommended by my GP, and took a few weeks to work. I'm okay now so long as I stay clear of fair ground rides.

Kev.

User
Posted 08 May 2024 at 07:14

Chris. 

I was on biacludamide, now Zolatex. The issue I have came on suddenly 16 months ago. My doctor's can't determine the cause. I have had so many side effects I wondered if it was the HT, hence my question. 

Cheers. 

User
Posted 08 May 2024 at 07:37

Hi Anthony,

I know how you feel😟 I’ve been on Prostap for 2 years and have just had my last injection, hopefully forever.🤞
Ive had every side effect going, insomnia being one of them, 3 hours to get to sleep last night.

I’m not sure whether your balance issues are due to muscle loss in your legs or maybe something like labyrinthitis?
I have weakness in my hips which at times causes me balance annd unsteadiness issues, in fact my legs completely gave way a few weeks ago and I collapsed.  A couple of weeks ago I stepped onto a low wall, my leg didn’t have the strength to lift me and it gave way,  and again I toppled. Ive been to my physio who’s given me exercise to try and improve my glute strength.

Hope you get it sorted.

Derek

User
Posted 08 May 2024 at 10:24

Derek.

Thanks for your response. The balance and unsteadiness issue is very much in my head.

My doctor has now prescribed Betahistine, a vertigo drug. Hopefully it will help what it kicks in.

Best wishes.