I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Travel insurance declined

User
Posted 13 May 2024 at 18:45

I have a travel insurance issue. I had no problem in getting cover for prostate cancer. Unfortunately following my RT planning scan, they also identified probable kidney cancer. The oncologist decided on a wait-and-see policy with a new scan in October.

My travel insurers would not cover me anymore and cancelled all my travel policies due to this additional cancer diagnosis not being definitive. I have tried various recommended insurance companies and brokers however they will not cover me for this additional problem even though it is asymptomatic and unlikely to cause any issues in the medium term.

Has anybody found an insurance company that will cover more than one cancer at the same time?

Edited by member 14 May 2024 at 05:26  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 14 May 2024 at 19:44

Ian, sorry no experience of your situation but I came across this when looking at help for your situation 

"You can call the Macmillan Support Line for free on 0808 808 0000 to speak to the financial guides team"

They may be able to help. 

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 16 May 2024 at 15:02
I think the problem is likely to be, not that you have cancer, but that you are under investigation for a medical condition of any type. Until an insurer can have some certianty, they will not take the risk. We wanted insurance for a short trip to Germany, but my wife was under investigation for a stomach problem, and no insurance company would quote. Not surprising, really - they are being asked to quote for a situation whch could potentially leave them open to very high medical costs, since your diagnosis and prognosis are both uncertain. Might seem a bit harsh, but insurance is all about weighing risks against costs.

Hermit