I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Combination of Apalutamide and Olaparib

User
Posted 14 May 2024 at 14:13

Has anyone any information on the combined use if Apalutamide and Olaparib.?

My husband's PSA has started to rise again 6 months after having Docetaxel. It had come down from 3712 to 102. He changed 4 months ago from Degarelix to Decapeptyl. 

His latest PSA is 160 (102  3 months ago) and the Oncologist has requested more bone and CT scans before commencing Apalutamide and Olaparib in 2 months time. He has not been genetically tested, but Oncologist has said he does not have to have BRAC gene to get it. It appears to be the newest line of treatment.

Has there been good evidence that this combination has been effective at extending prognosis, or is it still too early to say?

Many thanks 

User
Posted 15 May 2024 at 07:53
It's a cutting edge combination of drugs so I don't think there will be many people on here getting it yet.

User
Posted 15 May 2024 at 08:23

Hi 

It's the first I've heard of someone having olaparib if the gene test came back negative on here,I was refused olaparib after being tested for it,but if your oncologist is going to give it you you'd think he knows best and I'd go for it.

Regards Phil 

User
Posted 15 May 2024 at 15:35

If you don't get a response on here, it may be worth asking on a forum based in the USA, but the drugs may come under a different name over there.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 15 May 2024 at 07:53
It's a cutting edge combination of drugs so I don't think there will be many people on here getting it yet.

User
Posted 15 May 2024 at 08:23

Hi 

It's the first I've heard of someone having olaparib if the gene test came back negative on here,I was refused olaparib after being tested for it,but if your oncologist is going to give it you you'd think he knows best and I'd go for it.

Regards Phil 

User
Posted 15 May 2024 at 08:51

I think it has only just been approved. I just wondered if anyone had perhaps taken part in trials or heard of outcomes?

User
Posted 15 May 2024 at 15:35

If you don't get a response on here, it may be worth asking on a forum based in the USA, but the drugs may come under a different name over there.

User
Posted 12 Jul 2024 at 22:36

I came across this thread after searching the combination of Olap and Abi. My Oncologist told me today that this is the next treatment for me if I become resistant to 1st line hormones (Zoladex). I have my last chemo cycle coming up then RT after. 

Had my PSA not dropped again today my Onco advised he would have added the new combo Olap and Abi. He said Enza previously but seemed to change tack. The NICE guidance was only published Feb 24 and the quote below is from a study published in the Lancet:

significant improvement in radiographic progression-free survival with olaparib plus abiraterone versus placebo plus abiraterone in patients with first-line metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) 

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanonc/article/PIIS1470-2045(23)00382-0/abstract

I haven’t got access to the full article to critically appraise it but given it’s in the Lancet, and the NHS have agreed funding I would suggest the results are trustworthy. 

User
Posted 12 Jul 2024 at 22:38

….also my BRCA testing came back negative today and this doesn’t seem to impact eligibility for the new combo.