I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Sildenafil Success after Tadalafil

User
Posted 20 May 2024 at 10:52

Hi, I’ve been on an off Tadalafil for about a year, gives me heartburn so given up with it. I’ve been moved to Sildenafil, has anyone had more success with this than Tadalafil?

I was given injections but found them quite painful, but did work, so these not an option either, it’s been about a year since my OP and had half nerve spare.

User
Posted 20 May 2024 at 13:54

I get acid reflux, controlled with lanzaprazole. There are about five different ED drugs, they all make the acid reflux worse but not to the same extent. I actually found sildenafil to be the worst and avanafil the better. I think you will just have to experiment, and consider also using lanzaprazole or equivalent to deal with the acid reflux.

Dave

User
Posted 20 May 2024 at 19:59

Thanks for the reply, I’m not sure changing will help much but worth a try, Tadalafil you have to take constantly, the others as and when the chance arises (or not!).

User
Posted 20 May 2024 at 20:34

Hi Glover1862,

I agree with Dave.  Lansoprazole works for me.  I know it's another tablet to take, but if E.D. is important to you, then it might be worth it.  Best of luck in whatever you decide.

JedSee.

User
Posted 20 May 2024 at 21:07

Tadalafil can be taken at a low daily dose (5mg) to promote blood flow with the hope of repairing nerves after RP. It can be taken as a one off 'event' dose which would be either 10 or 20 mg. If I take 20mg I will have spontaneous erections for about three days afterwards that is great, but I also have three days of acid reflux.

If I were in your position I would go on an online pharmacy and get a selection of ED medication and lanzaprazole or over the counter omazaprol and do some experiments. Remember medications can have interactions and you may have other medical conditions, so make sure you are aware of all the risks you are taking.

I am a well intentioned random person on the internet and no substitute for a professional medic.

Dave