I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Side effects after finishing hormones

User
Posted 22 May 2024 at 12:01

Today is the day I would have had my zoladex (goserelin)-  I’ve stopped  18 months and radiotherapy for localised G9 - so now await what happens to testosterone and of course the PSA and how well the treatment has worked. 

But in the short term I’m curious of others experience if ANY noticeable changes atall in the first few months and if just dependent on testosterone recovery? 

At 73 and 18 months of ADT the prospect of testosterone recovery is likely to be slow, but individually variable. However I am just curious i

If the zoladex itself stopping has any positive improvements in side effects? 

User
Posted 22 May 2024 at 14:00

I can’t answer your question Nomis but I’m a few weeks behind you. I was due my next Prostap on 4th July but have stopped ADT after 2 years. I will be interested to hear about your progress.

Derek

User
Posted 22 May 2024 at 16:58

Nomis, I've been through much the same path ... age 78 now, G9, RT and HT in the form of Zoladex for 21 months.

I noticed a significant improvement in QoL starting from the time when the effects of the Z were wearing off. Testosterone didn't come back till about a year later and that's been welcome. During the HT I gained about 9 kg, which I've now shed. I exercised to the best of my ability during the Z phase and it was always frustrating, though now the testosterone is back it's possible to push things along a bit and get results in terms of fitness. 5 km park runs are helping and any form of external reason for getting active is good during or after the Z treatment. I did a couple of prostate cancer fund raiser targeted efforts, where the goal was to run 70km in a month.

All up, the answer to your question was yes for me.

Bet you can't wait Derek.

Jules

User
Posted 22 May 2024 at 17:59

Jules, that’s very encouraging and yes I can’t wait. Seem to be finally suffering from fatigue now, the one thing I HAD manage to avoid🤷🏼‍♂️

July 4th is going to be a good day for me😊…

1. Indepnedence Day
2. I don’t get my scheduled Prostap Injection
3. Tories get their asses kicked!🤣🤣

How much better can it get?😊

Im so pleased for you  getting your life back together, I’m counting down the days….

Derek

Edited by member 22 May 2024 at 18:00  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 23 May 2024 at 00:21

Derek, I don't know how you managed to get this far in without getting fatigue but when you're this close to the end of the tunnel I would guess that things are starting to look up for you even if you're not there yet.

Umm yes, our political masters here could use a good kicking too, not that there's much to choose from.

Jules

User
Posted 13 Jul 2024 at 12:16

Hi liton, could you tell us if you are an AI? Your posts are factual, but not original. As of late your posts seem to be carrying links to dodgy sites.

P.s. if you are real my apologies, and my sincere condolences that you have been affected by this disease at the tender age of 29.

[Edit: Liton's post now deleted]

Edited by member 14 Jul 2024 at 16:24  | Reason: Not specified

Dave

User
Posted 13 Jul 2024 at 14:59
Deffo AI bot!