Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

TP biopsy day

User
Posted 22 May 2024 at 19:19

Evening chaps 

So I'm not long home from having my TP biopsy this afternoon and thought I would post my experience while I'm feeling sorry for myself on the sofa! 

I had been really anxious about the whole experience (usual fear of the unknown but throw in sharp needles and having my bits out for people I don't know) but had a bit of a handle on it by the time I got to the hospital. 

Nursing staff were great (Whitehaven hospital) and made me feel "at home" ...got blood pressure and weed in a pot, gown on ...all good to go. Doc came in had a chat about what he was going to do, about life and put me at ease. An hour later I'm wondering if they had forgotten about me and started fretting a bit but then I got taken through and made comfy. 

Everything was ok, made sure my breathing was in check and nattered to the nurse while the doc numbed me and started his thing...all good....then about three from the end he seemed to hit a spot that wasn't numb and that did me ...a lot of tears and felt a bit s***. Fair play to the staff ..they were comforting and apologised for any discomfort etc but I felt pretty sh*t...I suppose all the anxiety and tension came to the surface so was expected really. 

Back in my room, I was brought some tea and biscuits and wifey came in to sit with me and dish out some hugs. 

Now home and I feel like I have been repeatedly punched in the stomach and repeatedly kicked in the nuts. The good news is I have weed twice so that's a bonus...still a shock to actually see it red though! 

So there we are ..now the wait for the results.... everything is crossed.

Steve 

User
Posted 22 May 2024 at 19:19

Evening chaps 

So I'm not long home from having my TP biopsy this afternoon and thought I would post my experience while I'm feeling sorry for myself on the sofa! 

I had been really anxious about the whole experience (usual fear of the unknown but throw in sharp needles and having my bits out for people I don't know) but had a bit of a handle on it by the time I got to the hospital. 

Nursing staff were great (Whitehaven hospital) and made me feel "at home" ...got blood pressure and weed in a pot, gown on ...all good to go. Doc came in had a chat about what he was going to do, about life and put me at ease. An hour later I'm wondering if they had forgotten about me and started fretting a bit but then I got taken through and made comfy. 

Everything was ok, made sure my breathing was in check and nattered to the nurse while the doc numbed me and started his thing...all good....then about three from the end he seemed to hit a spot that wasn't numb and that did me ...a lot of tears and felt a bit s***. Fair play to the staff ..they were comforting and apologised for any discomfort etc but I felt pretty sh*t...I suppose all the anxiety and tension came to the surface so was expected really. 

Back in my room, I was brought some tea and biscuits and wifey came in to sit with me and dish out some hugs. 

Now home and I feel like I have been repeatedly punched in the stomach and repeatedly kicked in the nuts. The good news is I have weed twice so that's a bonus...still a shock to actually see it red though! 

So there we are ..now the wait for the results.... everything is crossed.

Steve 

User
Posted 22 May 2024 at 22:36

Hi Steve, 

That's the undignified bit out of the way, you're doing well.

I didn't have red wee, but my semen was red for a few days or so.

Now you have the unenviable wait for results which was a really long two weeks for me. 

Good luck and keep us posted. 

Kev. 

User
Posted 22 May 2024 at 23:30

Well done Steve.

Nice to see that your wife is so supportive. 

At my biopsy, I asked them if they could write a note for mine stating that my head was not up my ar*e. 😉

Joking apart mate, good luck with your results.

Edited by member 22 May 2024 at 23:32  | Reason: Typo

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 22 May 2024 at 22:36

Hi Steve, 

That's the undignified bit out of the way, you're doing well.

I didn't have red wee, but my semen was red for a few days or so.

Now you have the unenviable wait for results which was a really long two weeks for me. 

Good luck and keep us posted. 

Kev. 

User
Posted 22 May 2024 at 23:30

Well done Steve.

Nice to see that your wife is so supportive. 

At my biopsy, I asked them if they could write a note for mine stating that my head was not up my ar*e. 😉

Joking apart mate, good luck with your results.

Edited by member 22 May 2024 at 23:32  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 23 May 2024 at 07:30

Well done Steve and I can imagine it must have been a bit “ouch!” If they hit a spot which hadn’t been numbed.😱

The staff ARE fantastic though and expert at keeping your mind of the rather undignified procedure. I also had a team from Ninewells hospital observing the procedure….I’ve never had so many people looking at my arse before…maybe they WERE looking for MY head!🤣🤣🤣🤣