I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Late onset of fatigue on HT

User
Posted 02 Jun 2024 at 12:46

Well after reporting several times that the only side effect I’ve not had is fatigue, this past few weeks whilst I’ve been on holiday I have been struggling. I thought it might be the heat, but I came home yesterday, just cut the grass and now I’m knackered😩

its 2 years since I started Prostap and have now had my last injection. I was just wondering if anyone else started getting fatigue late on in their treatment?

User
Posted 03 Jun 2024 at 10:40

Hi Guys, 

Yes happy birthday for Friday Chris and enjoy that bottle of red. 🍷

Actually I’ve started drinking more low alcohol wine and beer. Mostly as i need to lose some of this Steroid weight but also as sometimes if I’m seeing my mates of an evening its just easier if i drive. Ive kind of got used to it now although still finding the best tasting ones. (If there is such a thing).

Regarding the Prostap. I had 3 years on it and the worse effect for me was the mental side of it. Which nearly destroyed me and needed some serious help from my counsellor. I actually lost weight , which was great , except I’ve put it all back on plus some….  Like Chris I didn’t lose my Libido on the HT and kept that right till recently, which may be the last hurrah of the Abi or the Degarelix now. Didn’t get the fatigue at all until i started the Abi, and I still get that a little every now and then and need a little sleep during the day. I do try to ignore it though and work through it as it feels like giving in.

I didn’t get any joint issues at all but it seems to have finally caught up with me and i really suffered the other day and couldn’t even sleep through it with Ibuprofen. Memory definitely affected and i know what you mean Chris about driving. I am extra careful now which is no bad thing. But I do find I’m double checking stuff like pulling out, and as you say reverse parking I’m having to concentrate on more. But then i am 69 so I’m older than you two. I am actually a pretty easy going person and so i dont get annoyed at anyone’s driving anymore, whatever they do, as i have rather more important things on my mind than getting one more car ahead… !

Clumsiness I’ve not had and I can’t imagine knocking over a whole glass of Hendricks 😱…

Like Chris I’m on HT now for life and obviously hoping my current Chemo regime will knock it back a bit longer.

Even find it difficult to look back to when i had my last Prostap injection, seems such a long time ago.

Have everything crossed that the treatment has worked well for you 👍.  Don’t get too impatient as it takes a while for the Prostap to work its way out and most likely you’ll be shitting yourself on every blood test but that’s normal. Don’t forget that Chris are I aren’t the norm, the vast majority of patients are cured or given many, many years without a recurrence.

Good luck ,

Phil

User
Posted 02 Jun 2024 at 12:46

Well after reporting several times that the only side effect I’ve not had is fatigue, this past few weeks whilst I’ve been on holiday I have been struggling. I thought it might be the heat, but I came home yesterday, just cut the grass and now I’m knackered😩

its 2 years since I started Prostap and have now had my last injection. I was just wondering if anyone else started getting fatigue late on in their treatment?

User
Posted 02 Jun 2024 at 17:19
Hi Decho , just over 3 yrs on lifetime HT now. I’ve always believed the effects are accumulative. I’ve been really really lucky with slight side effects. The worse being my bl***dy legs and knees. Lost quite a bit of mobility tbh. I’ve not really struggled with fatigue but lately not sleeping well and awake at 5am and downstairs. Falling asleep in front of the TV is a regular occurrence these days , then going to bed and only getting 4 hrs. I guess we could also attribute it to the weather. We’re not getting any younger.

But libido still healthy 😀😀

User
Posted 02 Jun 2024 at 18:20

Hi Chris,

You’ve still got your libido and you’re on Decapetyl? That’s amazing👏👏👏👏

You’re right about the cumulative effect, certainly for me as far as libido is concerned. Mine is less than non-existent now rather than just zero. I really just can’t be bothered now, even using my toys has become a chore rather than a pleasure.

Im finding though that the side-effects come in cycles. As you know I’ve had terrible joint problems but they’re not as bad as they were and my physio has given me some simple exercises which has really helped with my hip pains. I’ve had terrible insomnia but that’s not as bad now but maybe that’s down to the fact I’m so knackered when I get into bed that despite having the really irritating hot flash as soon as I lie down I am managing to get to sleep. Clumsiness is getting worse, a few days ago I wiped out a Henriks gin from the kitchen work top…it ended up all over the floor and I was tempted to get down and lick it up….but then I wouldn’t have been able to get back up off the floor🤣🤣🤣🤣

Its just as well we can still laugh about it….sometimes!

Derek

User
Posted 02 Jun 2024 at 19:19
I understand Derek I really do. I don’t mind the flushes but yes when I go to bed and wake first thing. My memory has gone shot , common sense gone shot. I drive fine but wary, can’t seem to reverse park anymore 🤣. I too go through cycles with pain but my legs are a swine. In some ways it’s easier for me because I have no choice I guess. I’m never getting off it and only moving nearer to the inevitable. Just trying to stay positive. My birthday Friday and I’ll be hogging a whole bottle of red 👍🍷👌
User
Posted 02 Jun 2024 at 22:14

Happy Birthday for Friday Chris and enjoy that bottle of red👍
You have the right attitude Chris, I hope if I end up on HT for life I can still have fun…even if it’s not in the bedroom😉

I’ll be opening something special on Independence Day🍾

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 02 Jun 2024 at 17:19
Hi Decho , just over 3 yrs on lifetime HT now. I’ve always believed the effects are accumulative. I’ve been really really lucky with slight side effects. The worse being my bl***dy legs and knees. Lost quite a bit of mobility tbh. I’ve not really struggled with fatigue but lately not sleeping well and awake at 5am and downstairs. Falling asleep in front of the TV is a regular occurrence these days , then going to bed and only getting 4 hrs. I guess we could also attribute it to the weather. We’re not getting any younger.

But libido still healthy 😀😀

User
Posted 02 Jun 2024 at 18:20

Hi Chris,

You’ve still got your libido and you’re on Decapetyl? That’s amazing👏👏👏👏

You’re right about the cumulative effect, certainly for me as far as libido is concerned. Mine is less than non-existent now rather than just zero. I really just can’t be bothered now, even using my toys has become a chore rather than a pleasure.

Im finding though that the side-effects come in cycles. As you know I’ve had terrible joint problems but they’re not as bad as they were and my physio has given me some simple exercises which has really helped with my hip pains. I’ve had terrible insomnia but that’s not as bad now but maybe that’s down to the fact I’m so knackered when I get into bed that despite having the really irritating hot flash as soon as I lie down I am managing to get to sleep. Clumsiness is getting worse, a few days ago I wiped out a Henriks gin from the kitchen work top…it ended up all over the floor and I was tempted to get down and lick it up….but then I wouldn’t have been able to get back up off the floor🤣🤣🤣🤣

Its just as well we can still laugh about it….sometimes!

Derek

User
Posted 02 Jun 2024 at 19:19
I understand Derek I really do. I don’t mind the flushes but yes when I go to bed and wake first thing. My memory has gone shot , common sense gone shot. I drive fine but wary, can’t seem to reverse park anymore 🤣. I too go through cycles with pain but my legs are a swine. In some ways it’s easier for me because I have no choice I guess. I’m never getting off it and only moving nearer to the inevitable. Just trying to stay positive. My birthday Friday and I’ll be hogging a whole bottle of red 👍🍷👌
User
Posted 02 Jun 2024 at 22:14

Happy Birthday for Friday Chris and enjoy that bottle of red👍
You have the right attitude Chris, I hope if I end up on HT for life I can still have fun…even if it’s not in the bedroom😉

I’ll be opening something special on Independence Day🍾

User
Posted 03 Jun 2024 at 10:40

Hi Guys, 

Yes happy birthday for Friday Chris and enjoy that bottle of red. 🍷

Actually I’ve started drinking more low alcohol wine and beer. Mostly as i need to lose some of this Steroid weight but also as sometimes if I’m seeing my mates of an evening its just easier if i drive. Ive kind of got used to it now although still finding the best tasting ones. (If there is such a thing).

Regarding the Prostap. I had 3 years on it and the worse effect for me was the mental side of it. Which nearly destroyed me and needed some serious help from my counsellor. I actually lost weight , which was great , except I’ve put it all back on plus some….  Like Chris I didn’t lose my Libido on the HT and kept that right till recently, which may be the last hurrah of the Abi or the Degarelix now. Didn’t get the fatigue at all until i started the Abi, and I still get that a little every now and then and need a little sleep during the day. I do try to ignore it though and work through it as it feels like giving in.

I didn’t get any joint issues at all but it seems to have finally caught up with me and i really suffered the other day and couldn’t even sleep through it with Ibuprofen. Memory definitely affected and i know what you mean Chris about driving. I am extra careful now which is no bad thing. But I do find I’m double checking stuff like pulling out, and as you say reverse parking I’m having to concentrate on more. But then i am 69 so I’m older than you two. I am actually a pretty easy going person and so i dont get annoyed at anyone’s driving anymore, whatever they do, as i have rather more important things on my mind than getting one more car ahead… !

Clumsiness I’ve not had and I can’t imagine knocking over a whole glass of Hendricks 😱…

Like Chris I’m on HT now for life and obviously hoping my current Chemo regime will knock it back a bit longer.

Even find it difficult to look back to when i had my last Prostap injection, seems such a long time ago.

Have everything crossed that the treatment has worked well for you 👍.  Don’t get too impatient as it takes a while for the Prostap to work its way out and most likely you’ll be shitting yourself on every blood test but that’s normal. Don’t forget that Chris are I aren’t the norm, the vast majority of patients are cured or given many, many years without a recurrence.

Good luck ,

Phil