Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Erratic psa

User
Posted 15 Jun 2024 at 12:58

Hi all,

Bit concerned about my PSA results and hoping for some guidance on here if available.

12 months ago had a psa level of 5.4 and had an mri which did not show anything,  30cc prostate.

In December my psa was 3.9, things were going down so happy days, had another test 3 weeks ago and my psa is now 6.9.

Obviously concerning and was wondering if anyone here has experience of these erratic levels and what the overall thoughts are on the community.

I am 54 years old in reasonable health with no symptoms apart from sometimes late night bathroom visits.

Thanks in advance

James

User
Posted 15 Jun 2024 at 12:58

Hi all,

Bit concerned about my PSA results and hoping for some guidance on here if available.

12 months ago had a psa level of 5.4 and had an mri which did not show anything,  30cc prostate.

In December my psa was 3.9, things were going down so happy days, had another test 3 weeks ago and my psa is now 6.9.

Obviously concerning and was wondering if anyone here has experience of these erratic levels and what the overall thoughts are on the community.

I am 54 years old in reasonable health with no symptoms apart from sometimes late night bathroom visits.

Thanks in advance

James

User
Posted 15 Jun 2024 at 14:04

James, a fluctuation like yours "could" possibly be an infection. My surgery was after a progressive rise of three PSA results, 6.9, 7.7 & 10. GP missed the 6.9. 

I worked with a guy who had a fluctuating PSA that reached way above 100 but his template biopsies were all negative.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 15 Jun 2024 at 15:11

Thanks Chris,

I am seeing the consultant in 2 weeks, hopefully get more insight then

James

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 15 Jun 2024 at 14:04

James, a fluctuation like yours "could" possibly be an infection. My surgery was after a progressive rise of three PSA results, 6.9, 7.7 & 10. GP missed the 6.9. 

I worked with a guy who had a fluctuating PSA that reached way above 100 but his template biopsies were all negative.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 15 Jun 2024 at 15:11

Thanks Chris,

I am seeing the consultant in 2 weeks, hopefully get more insight then

James