I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Headaches on enzalutamide

User
Posted 17 Jun 2024 at 18:44

Anyone else get/had a lot of headaches on enza? If so did they eventually go as the body gets used to the drug? Do we know why they cause headaches? 

DH is really struggling. Some days it’s just a mild headache and not all day. Other days it’s all day and pounding. He’s been reduced to half dose but it’s not helping. He has been on the drug about 6 months now. Blood pressure is normal. The hot flushes are making it even worse. He was fine on zoladex alone, he was tired, but no other side effects. DH is very tempted to stop the enza. But we know he’s best on it. On the plus side, psa 4 weeks after starting was 0.01 and has remained that low. 

User
Posted 18 Jun 2024 at 15:25

Wiosal, sorry I can't help with your question,would it worth a call to the nurses on this site, I assume they come across patients in the same situation.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 18 Jun 2024 at 15:39

Thanks Chris. Maybe. I just wondered whether anyone else had suffered the same. The nurse we speak to every 12 weeks just says take pain killers, but they don’t touch it. Yesterday was one if the worst days, Dh slept from 4pm woke for dinner at 6pm then went back to sleep. Bed 10pm slept all night and isn’t too bad today. 

User
Posted 18 Jun 2024 at 17:41
Assume his blood pressure and heart rate are all normal? If this is unusual for him I think I would want it checked out by the GP just in case
User
Posted 18 Jun 2024 at 18:33

Yes blood pressure in the normal range around 130/90 he does his bp 3 ot 4 times a week.

DH rarely got a headache before he started enzalutamide. Yes gp aware as is the nurse who phones every 12 weeks. They just say it’s a side effect, he was reduced to 3 tablets, then down to 2 (from 4) We are hoping he might get used to them, but it hasn’t happened yet.