I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Anal after Radiotherapy

User
Posted 29 Jun 2024 at 20:35

So, 6 years post radiotherapy, here's a question:  Is it wise to take part in anal sex?  The prostate is probably quite shrivelled and shrunk with the urethra working fine passing through it - I don't want to damage what is working well.  Any thoughts and advice please?

Thanks.

User
Posted 29 Jun 2024 at 20:35

So, 6 years post radiotherapy, here's a question:  Is it wise to take part in anal sex?  The prostate is probably quite shrivelled and shrunk with the urethra working fine passing through it - I don't want to damage what is working well.  Any thoughts and advice please?

Thanks.

User
Posted 30 Jun 2024 at 18:12

There is some medical guidance:

Developing UK Guidance on How Long Men Should Abstain from Receiving Anal Sex before, During and after Interventions for Prostate Cancer

This suggests waiting at least 2 months, so you're well past that. Rectal bleeding can happen any time after prostate radiotherapy. I did read someone here saying it peaks about 4½ years after treatment, but I don't know where that data comes from. It's not usually serious though.

Might be an idea to start by trying a realistic sized dildo under your own control, well lubricated, and see how that goes.

Edited by member 30 Jun 2024 at 18:17  | Reason: Not specified

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 30 Jun 2024 at 18:12

There is some medical guidance:

Developing UK Guidance on How Long Men Should Abstain from Receiving Anal Sex before, During and after Interventions for Prostate Cancer

This suggests waiting at least 2 months, so you're well past that. Rectal bleeding can happen any time after prostate radiotherapy. I did read someone here saying it peaks about 4½ years after treatment, but I don't know where that data comes from. It's not usually serious though.

Might be an idea to start by trying a realistic sized dildo under your own control, well lubricated, and see how that goes.

Edited by member 30 Jun 2024 at 18:17  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 01 Jul 2024 at 15:35

Many thanks - I'll give it some thought and see if I get any other responses / ideas / info.

So far, as a technique, I'm not too impressed to be honest.........