I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Looking for positive stories with PSA in 1000s please

User
Posted 29 Jun 2024 at 22:00

My dad has recently been diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer, with a ridiculously high PSA of 4000.
He is still undergoing tests but so far we know it’s very aggressive & in his hip bones. 
With a PSA this high you can imagine we are extremely worried & thinking the worst.
I’m sure they will find it in many other places with results like this 😔

I’m on the hunt for positive stories where people have started their journey with extremely high PSA please. 

User
Posted 04 Jul 2024 at 13:24

My starting PSA was "only" 215, but that in itself indicated widespread disease, which was very quickly confirmed by all the testing.

Stage 4, mestastisised extensively, Incurable, aged 53.

So in November 21, I was exactly where your dad is now.

1 month later PSA was 3.6.

Next month was 1.6

Next month was 0.02 and that's where it had stayed to the present moment, 32 months later.

There is hope, if not a curative intent.

My overall advice is stay positive, keep fighting, none of us know what new treatments are being developed that might cure or extend life!

User
Posted 30 Jun 2024 at 08:57

Hi 

I had a starting PSA of over 2100 in April 2022 ,to long a journey to list on this thread but please read my profile which documents my ups and downs,I hope it helps.

Good luck,deep breaths and keep positive.

Regards Phil 

User
Posted 30 Jun 2024 at 09:25

Hello.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad's condition.

Here is a link to a conversation on high PSA levels.

https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t29035-Very-high-initial-PSA-score

User
Posted 04 Jul 2024 at 18:07

Hi LJB,

This must be a very worrying time for you all, I don’t know how old your dad is What I do know however is that staying positive is very important in getting through this. My PSA at diagnosis was 36 and I thought that was really high, and then I learned about men with PSA in the 1000s, which really shocked me.
You don’t say how your dad is coping with the news, but the waiting around for tests and results, and then for a treatment plan, is the worst part of this journey. I would try to keep your dad as busy as possible, give him lots of treats and loves, and don’t forget yourself as it affects families as well.

Finally if you need support seek it out…it is out there.

All the best and try and stay strong for your dad.

Derek

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 30 Jun 2024 at 08:57

Hi 

I had a starting PSA of over 2100 in April 2022 ,to long a journey to list on this thread but please read my profile which documents my ups and downs,I hope it helps.

Good luck,deep breaths and keep positive.

Regards Phil 

User
Posted 30 Jun 2024 at 09:25

Hello.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad's condition.

Here is a link to a conversation on high PSA levels.

https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t29035-Very-high-initial-PSA-score

User
Posted 30 Jun 2024 at 14:48

Thank you so much

User
Posted 30 Jun 2024 at 14:49

Thank you!

User
Posted 04 Jul 2024 at 13:24

My starting PSA was "only" 215, but that in itself indicated widespread disease, which was very quickly confirmed by all the testing.

Stage 4, mestastisised extensively, Incurable, aged 53.

So in November 21, I was exactly where your dad is now.

1 month later PSA was 3.6.

Next month was 1.6

Next month was 0.02 and that's where it had stayed to the present moment, 32 months later.

There is hope, if not a curative intent.

My overall advice is stay positive, keep fighting, none of us know what new treatments are being developed that might cure or extend life!

User
Posted 04 Jul 2024 at 18:07

Hi LJB,

This must be a very worrying time for you all, I don’t know how old your dad is What I do know however is that staying positive is very important in getting through this. My PSA at diagnosis was 36 and I thought that was really high, and then I learned about men with PSA in the 1000s, which really shocked me.
You don’t say how your dad is coping with the news, but the waiting around for tests and results, and then for a treatment plan, is the worst part of this journey. I would try to keep your dad as busy as possible, give him lots of treats and loves, and don’t forget yourself as it affects families as well.

Finally if you need support seek it out…it is out there.

All the best and try and stay strong for your dad.

Derek