I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Blood in Semen after intensive sex

User
Posted 02 Jul 2024 at 11:56

I Thougt I have prostatitis, since I had some years and I know symptoms. Some nasty pain in groin when long sitting, pressure. But nothing serious

now after having a new partner and intensive sex in last days, I am ejaculating blood with semen

any similar experiences?

User
Posted 02 Jul 2024 at 13:44

You're lucky! I've forgotten what intensive sex is. 😀

Joking apart mate, welcome to the forum. During my prostate journey the only time I've had blood in my semen was after biopsies. I'm not medically trained but apparently many things including UTIs and other infections can cause blood in semen. 

You say that you a new sexual partner, have you both had sexual health checks?

Edited by member 02 Jul 2024 at 16:33  | Reason: Punctuation

User
Posted 02 Jul 2024 at 17:05

It is a possible symptom of prostate cancer, but more likely to be something else, particularly if you have prostatitis. High blood pressure is another possibility. Usually the cause is never found, but they will rule out anything serious. So you should go and get yourself checked out.

User
Posted 02 Jul 2024 at 17:49

As Andy says get yourself checked. I had blood in my semen on just a couple of occasions. No other symptoms, thought I had a UTI, turned out to be prostate cancer.

User
Posted 02 Jul 2024 at 21:48

Yes, that was the point at which my Dr sent me off for scans, leading to diagnosis and treatment for high risk, locally advanced G9 cancer. Blood in semen does not necessarily equate to cancer but do get it checked out.

Jules

User
Posted 02 Jul 2024 at 22:16

Hello again.

This link may help.

https://www.baus.org.uk/patients/conditions/1/blood_in_the_semen_haematospermia/

As the other lads have said its worth getting it checked out.

Edited by member 02 Jul 2024 at 22:29  | Reason: Link added

User
Posted 03 Jul 2024 at 05:35

Thanks guys for the reply, yesterday I brought some samples to the doctor and I wait for an appointment. 
I Hope cancer is not attacking me.

i still want to say, that when I poop and strongly press, I lose some semen. This I had also 10 years ago, when I firstly had prostatitis.

one year ago I was at doctor and my prostate was great, weight , shape everything. One month later, I had a new girlfriend anns symptoms started and some months later my prostate was swollen ( again to doctor, dimension and weight doubled), no STI, no concrete reason.

since this time, it is an up and down of symptoms. I have since months prostatitis symptoms but nothing new for me, so I just lived with this

Than again now a new girlfriend and blood in semen, this freaks me out.

the first time, we had sex, 3-4 weeks ago, my semen was like snow, but last days is bright red.

It is like something is pressing there on the other tissues, sex may worsen this. Hope it is just prostatitis. I pray god to protect me and you all from attack of illnesses

thanks guys for support

Edited by member 03 Jul 2024 at 05:38  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 08 Aug 2024 at 15:36

Hello

I am a 47 yr old man from California. 

I been searching  like crazy for a blog like this. This yr june 2024 I return from jamaica and 7days later during intercourse with the wife I saw alot of blood on my penis.its a very scary and concerning event since us men don't bleed.

I haven't been the same I had sex two other time since june 28th and blood all over. I am not alone I  got goose bumps to know that other men have the same problem and not talked about in social media apps. I'm scare to have sex. 

My Dr. Referred me to STD testing, urine samples blood and cystoscopy. Nothing was found. He diagnosed it as a hemospermia.

My symptoms vary from never ending burning steaming sensation on the tip of the penis and sore shaft and head of the penis. Maybe 2x I felt my testicles with a weir swelling feeling with spasms.

Any thoughts to help us get a peace of mind?

Man7679

User
Posted 08 Aug 2024 at 16:19

Hemospermia just means blood in semen. It's a symptom, not a diagnosis (which would be the cause of the blood in semen).

Most often, the cause of hemospermia is never found, but in the process, checks are done to rule out all the potentially serious causes.

That should include checking for prostate cancer, which you haven't indicated has been done. It's not a common symptom of prostate cancer, but it does happen occasionally.

It sounds like you have some pain too, which isn't normally the case with prostate cancer. It is typical of prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate, occasionally bacterial, but usually not). The pain often seems to come from tip of penis, testicles, back passage, etc, because your brain doesn't recognise the prostate as a source of pain. Prostate infection often doesn't show up in urine or semen, so I would not rule it out on the basis of the tests you've had so far. You would need to see a urologist to diagnose what the issue is.

High blood pressure is another potential cause.

User
Posted 12 Aug 2024 at 08:42

Hello I read your post. It really hits home when I hear stories that is actually happening to me. It really freaks me out to see red bright blood coming out of me. It really messed my psychic big time and the sex with the wife is not desirable anymore. Your post made me a motivator  to seek for  God.  My fear is that I will end up bleeding none stop if I continue to have sex and will be required to have penis surgery. 

May god stop this illness for all of us. 

My PSA level is 2.9. The doctor is not concerned.  He wants another blood level in the middle of Sept. I will have  a pelvic  CT scan aug 17th...

Have u had more sexual encounters and same results ?

Have the blood remain in the semen and if it disappeared how did it feel to see no blood ? Some guys see another episode  before being clear for years before another one hit.

Last questions after u see the blood in the semen do u urinate red bright blood  then it turns purple or brown within 24 hrs from the sexual act ?

Did anybody had another diagnosed  besides prostate related?

You guys are my new family we in this together you have alll my support.

Let's fight back. This is my 3rd month having this bloody senen.

Man7679

User
Posted 12 Aug 2024 at 11:19

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
Did anybody had another diagnosed besides prostate related?

One hospital reports that 14% of cases of blood in semen result in a diagnosis of prostate cancer. That's cases they see - probably some cases never get referred, so the real figure is likely lower.

High blood pressure, or infections are other potential causes.

Most commonly, no cause is found, but all serious potential causes get ruled out during the check.

So you must go and get checked.