I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Severe anxiety and exhaustion

User
Posted 04 Jul 2024 at 17:56

Hello, this is the first time on thils site.  My husband age 70 was diagnosed two months ago - watch and wsirmt which is great.  However, following the prostate biopsy he was been so terribly anxious and stressed, we've been to A and E etc but all results and CT scan are fine.  He is absolutely exhausted.  Has anyone else suffered from this?  Many thanks for any responses.  With very best wishes.  

User
Posted 04 Jul 2024 at 18:11

Hi Marilyn,

Yes you’re both bound to be exhausted, the waiting is really difficult and you’re both bound to be anxious.

If you’re struggling go to your GP and get help. My GP put me on Sertraline which has really helped with my anxiety brought on by HT.

Be good to yourselves, go out and have lots of treats together and have some fun…hopefully this will ease the anxiety.

Derek

User
Posted 04 Jul 2024 at 18:23

Thank you so much for replying, I really appreciate it.  I will tell my husband your response and try to cheer him up, he really is shattered absolutely all the time and now worrying about that too.  Wishing you the very best of luck with your treatment -and willing you on!! 

User
Posted 04 Jul 2024 at 18:51

I think your husband might also benefit from talking to other men with PCa. if you have a Maggies near you, please go along and have a chat with them…both of you! You don’t need to make an appointment. They will be able to tell you about any support groups for your husband. He may think(like I did) that it wasn’t for him, but it’s been transformational in the way I have dealt with this disease. The thing is that talking to other men with PCa is so good because they JUST GET IT! They know how you are feeling and will be able to offer advice and support.

My brother told me when I was diagnosed….‘Don’t let this disease define you!’ Your husband is on watchful waiting and may never need any treatment, so get on with your lives and live every day to the full….that would be my advice. Book yourselves a nice holiday if you can😊

Derek

User
Posted 04 Jul 2024 at 19:13

Hi Derek, just been reading your story online! It's very positive and you sound great, I'm so pleased for you, what fantastic news!!!!!!!! I hope you're going to celebrate this weekend, in face, I'll have a glass of Rose for you;!!!! Sending you very best wishes!!!; and thanks!!!;;; 

User
Posted 04 Jul 2024 at 19:36

Hi. The waiting game at the beginning is always very stressful but as things start to unfold and you get a treatment plan it will start to improve. It would be helpful to start to fill in the bio section with his diagnosis information (PSA, MRI, biopsy, staging etc). Then if you have any issues people on here will be able to offer you better support and information. As Derek says, be good to yourselves, give yourselves some distraction.