I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Rare cancer type.

User
Posted 05 Jul 2024 at 12:23

Diagnosed with Metastatic prostate adenocarcinoma with neuroendocrine differentiation after psa of 1500 of blood test, had numerous scans and already on 3 monthly injections hormone treatment, offered triple therapy with I start in 2 weeks, does anyone else have this rare cancer and is there hope of a few more years?

Regards Neil

User
Posted 06 Jul 2024 at 02:14

I guess no one on here has the rare cancer. Yes definitely hope of a few more years. If it responds to treatment you'll probably get between 3 and 10 years out of it. Now I know at 71 you would prefer hear that you would get another 15 years, and you might.

You just have to make the best of what you've got.

Dave

User
Posted 07 Jul 2024 at 15:37
Thanks Dave, 10 years would be good lol, seen a lot of my ex colleagues without cancer in there late 80s and quite a few are bravely battling other conditions and some are not responding well, I have been to a lot of fire brigade funerals in the last few years and dying does not scare me anymore, when we are born we are all terminal so I drink laff and be merry lol
User
Posted 07 Jul 2024 at 16:12

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
I have been to a lot of fire brigade funerals in the last few years and dying does not scare me anymore, when we are born we are all terminal so I drink laff and be merry lol

I'll drink to that! Great attitude Neil! 👍