I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Just came in the CT scan report

User
Posted 17 Jul 2024 at 08:45

Hi, my name is Reza, I am 52 years old and 5 months ago I started receiving chemotherapy along with radio therapy for my metastatic prostate cancer. My PSA fell to 0.1 just after receiving one dose of chemotherapy and everything seemed to be working. Thus far I have received 6 shots of chemo and hormone therapy, and 2 more to go. The report of my CT scan says that there are no masses in my visceral organs, heart, lungs, liver, spleen, gallbladder, etc. but the following phrases caught my attention:

Bones: innumerable sclerotic bony metastasis in all spin ribs, scapula and pelvic bones.

Bladder: invasion of prostate mass to posterior wall of bladder.

Can someone please shed some light on what is going on since I will not be seeing my oncologist for a few days.

Thank you so much

Reza

User
Posted 17 Jul 2024 at 09:08

You haven't given your original diagnosis, as in initial PSA, prostate size, staging (TxNyMz) with detail of locations, and gleason score. These are useful for commenting on your current situation. You are on hormone therapy too, but you haven't said what it is and for how long. This is useful detail to have in your profile/bio.

It sounds like the original cancer sites are still visible, but the PSA of 0.1 suggests the cancer is currently inactive (unless your PSA wasn't raised at diagnosis). This will be due to the actions of the hormone therapy and/or chemotherapy.

If you had a similar scan at original diagnosis, they will compare them to see what's changed. It could be that all the lesions have shrunk, or it might be too early for that, depending on the timing.

Edited by member 17 Jul 2024 at 09:09  | Reason: Not specified