I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

One year in,stage 4.

User
Posted 06 Sep 2024 at 06:56

Diagnosed 1year ago, PSA 159, Gleason score 4+4=8, spread to distant lymph nodes, left seminal vessel and over towards bowel, 6 bone mets 2 ribs 2 pelvis 2 vertebrates, no organ involvement. Virtually no symptoms I just thought it was BPE.

Life expectancy from oncologist 5 yrs

Treatment so far

Chemotherapy 6 x Docetaxel 

External beam radiation 6 x double dose to the prostate and surrounding area's 1 week apart

Zoladex every 3 months

Nubeqa daily

One year on PSA 0.06

Worst side affects from treatment are mentaI anxiety and hot flushes.

I live in Australia am I receiving the best treatment, is there anything else I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance Tim

User
Posted 10 Sep 2024 at 18:47

Hi Tim 

Your diagnosis has some similarities to my Dad's, he'll be 2 years since diagnosis in a couple of months. I don't have any specific advice as I'm still on my learning curve to help my Dad but I thought my reply might help by bumping your post. 

Best wishes 

Loz

User
Posted 10 Sep 2024 at 22:10

Hi Tim,

Sounds like you’re doing well all things considered.

I suffered debilitating anxiety after starting Prostap(I was coping during and after diagnosis) so it was definitely the effects of this drug that brought it on. My GP prescribed me a low dose of sertraline and it sorted it out. I’ve now finished HT 6 months ago but am staying on it until my testosterone returns.

Onwards and (PSA) Downwards,

Derek

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 10 Sep 2024 at 18:47

Hi Tim 

Your diagnosis has some similarities to my Dad's, he'll be 2 years since diagnosis in a couple of months. I don't have any specific advice as I'm still on my learning curve to help my Dad but I thought my reply might help by bumping your post. 

Best wishes 

Loz

User
Posted 10 Sep 2024 at 22:10

Hi Tim,

Sounds like you’re doing well all things considered.

I suffered debilitating anxiety after starting Prostap(I was coping during and after diagnosis) so it was definitely the effects of this drug that brought it on. My GP prescribed me a low dose of sertraline and it sorted it out. I’ve now finished HT 6 months ago but am staying on it until my testosterone returns.

Onwards and (PSA) Downwards,

Derek