Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

My comparison PET scan came in

User
Posted 09 Sep 2024 at 09:52

Dear all, 

My name is Reza Bayati, I am 52 years old and I have been diagnosed with prostate cancer since 6 months ago. I have received chemo-therapy and occasional radio-therapy in the early stages. After receiving one dose of chemo-therapy, my PSA dropped from 52.7 to 0.97 and the last time I took the test it showed 0.01

Just yesterday, my PET scan results came in and here is what the report says:

IMPRESSION & COMMENTS:

• When compared with prior PSMA PET/CT scan dated 2024-03-14, the current study indicates partial response to therapy due to interval:

• Decrease in PSMA activity and extension of previously seen PSMA positive lesions within the prostate gland.

• Decrease in PSMA activity of most of previously seen innumerable PSMA positive skeletal lesions.

• Either resolution or decrease in PSMA activity and/or size of previously seen multiple abdominopelvic lymph nodes.

• The previously seen PSMA activity in the spinal cord at the level of C2 vertebra is resolved.

• However, there is interval:

• Increase in PSMA activity of some of previously seen skeletal lesions.

• Decrease in size but increase in PSMA activity of some of previously seen pelvic lymph nodes.

• No evidence of PSMA positive lesion in the remainder imaged portion of the body.

Could someone please shed some light as to what it all means? I will not be seeing my doctor in two days and my wife and children are anxious.

Thank you in advance