I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PCa with lymph node mets only

User
Posted 24 May 2014 at 16:27

Well I dont know about this forum, I can't find most of my old threads ! - surely there show be a search mode to search for threads we start.

Anyway - to continue. My profile shows my case, I had my bloods again and sadly PSA has gone up again so looks liek Ant-androgen withdrawal sympton only lasted a few months for me. But the rise from about 7 to 10 didnt concern the onco too much and he initially said that we will will just wait for another 3 months to see how it goes.

But then he went off to see his boss and one of the senior oncologists at the Royal Marsden came in to see me. I know we are not meant to name names - but he is one who of the senior oncos that helped develop Abiraterone. 

When I first went to Royal Marsden they said  they were interested in my case as I have an unusual sub-type of PCa ( there are from 30 to 50 sub-types according to Royal Marsden / Institute of Cancer Research )  I was invited to participate in a couple of research projects:

“Collection of clinical material from prostate cancer patients with hormone refractory prostate cancer”

“The Feasibility study of Prostate Cancer Molecular Characteristics to support the future delivery of more precise Molecularly Targeted Treatment”.,

which will look at the genetic makeup / DNA sequencing of tumour samples.

This will involve more scans, another biopsy and more regular blood tests.

So I am again well pleased that I am in the hands of one of the best UK cancer hospitals that is at the forefront of research into PCa.

Is anyone else here on these studies.

Mal

User
Posted 26 May 2014 at 16:19

Nice to hear from you Mal_tay  - it's been quite a while.  Good luck at Royal Marsden.  Val