I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Advanced prostat cancer part 2

User
Posted 28 Dec 2014 at 22:49

So sorry to hear this Julie. Bit of a cliche but Trevor is in the right place now....hopefully the medics will get whatever it is sorted asap

Thinking of you all

Bri x

User
Posted 28 Dec 2014 at 23:33

Julie

Sorry to hear this news but then again it's all part of the rollercoaster that is PCa. I mean this in a good way i.e. Trevor will respond and pick up where he left off. We can never second guess this disease but we can always hope for the best.

Nil desperandum

Allister

User
Posted 29 Dec 2014 at 01:38

Julie, so sorry to read this latest news - but grateful it was after Christmas rather than just before ... children so need those happy, normal times. Let us know when you get any more info from the hospital team x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 29 Dec 2014 at 08:49

Julie,

Difficult time for you again. I do hope you can find solutions from the hospital. As others have said Trevor is in the place where he can get support and treatment. Thinking of you!

User
Posted 29 Dec 2014 at 09:48

Best wishes to all of you Julie.

Thinking of you and have everything crossed that Trevor improves.

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 29 Dec 2014 at 10:15

Julie

All the best for Trevor's recovery. Christmas Day sounds fantastic.

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 29 Dec 2014 at 11:30

Hi Julie,

Just to add thinking of you, Trev and the family. Hope things can be sorted.

Fiona. x

User
Posted 29 Dec 2014 at 11:37

Hi Julie,

So sorry to hear Trevor's latest news, we have everything crossed for a speedy recovery.

Si x 

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 29 Dec 2014 at 11:56

Hello Julie

Sending my good wishes to you all, and hoping Trevor will swiftly overcome this latest setback...

Luther 

User
Posted 29 Dec 2014 at 12:48
SS, nooooo I am so sorry this is happening again, as you so rightly say the new normal is such a rollercoaster. With Trevor's non PCa issues it must be difficult to tell which is causing the problems so getting him to hospital has to be the right thing, As Lyn says thank goodness he was able to have a great Xmas day and Boxing day with you and the boys.

I am coiming home on Saturday via Si, Ness and the girls but will call you before then.

Thinking of you as always

xx

Mandy Mo

User
Posted 29 Dec 2014 at 13:35

Dear Julie,

I was so sorry to read this after you enjoyed such a good Christmas together.

We're willing Trevor to have the best treatment and respond well to it, and get home quickly to you all.

Warmest wishes,

George and Lynn

User
Posted 29 Dec 2014 at 14:29
Hi Julie

Sorry to hear about your Trevor. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

You are always so supportive and kind with your responses to other member's posts and yet you have such a lot to deal with in your own life. Just to let you know I greatly respect and admire you for all you do.

Sending best wishes to you both and hoping 2015 will be a better year.

User
Posted 29 Dec 2014 at 15:39

Can't say anything to help you Julie, but I am sorry to hear of this news.

Hope it works out okay for you both?

Dave

User
Posted 29 Dec 2014 at 18:14
Hi Julie

sorry to hear your latest news hope things improve soon I think about you both often give Trevor my best wishes

Carol xx

User
Posted 29 Dec 2014 at 18:23

Sorry to hear this Julie,
hope things turn around soon.

Kevin

User
Posted 29 Dec 2014 at 18:27
Hi Julie

As a newbie I was reading your thread. I'm afraid that I am neither qualified or knowledgable enough to add to the thread, but I hope that you don't mind my adding warmest and best wishes to you, Trevor and the rest of the family in what is clearly a difficult time. I hope that Trevor is well enough to spend the New Year with you all.

Trevor.

User
Posted 29 Dec 2014 at 21:05
Oh no Julie

I hoped so much that the the only blue lights would be the fairy lights and you nearly did it.

I can only hope and pray that Trevor is improving and that the children are ok.

Thinking of you all

Love Allison xxxx

User
Posted 30 Dec 2014 at 19:18

Slightly more optimistic news T has Pneumonia so OK not a brilliant diagnosis with his other health issues but he as usual is fighting back and so far winning. His temp has returned to normal and the BP is rising slowly he was started on IV fluids and Aunty Bs before leaving here and that has continued and is doing the trick. He is sitting up , chatting and managed to shower and shave by himself. So a huge improvement from how he was two days ago, I on the other hand am still a quivering wreck and am know facing up to the fact that at this rate he will probably out live me.

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS

LOTS OF LOVE

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 30 Dec 2014 at 19:22

Very encouraging news Julie and we're so glad to hear it.
I hope he's out of hospital soon.

Wishing you and Trevor a truly HAPPY NEW YEAR

George & Lynn

User
Posted 30 Dec 2014 at 21:10

I have just read your train poem to John although I wobbled a little towards the end, my story is that there was something stuck in my throat and I am sticking to that. We hope that Trevor has just had a little day trip and is now on his way back to the booking office to renew his season ticket for another year (before the prices rise in January) x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 30 Dec 2014 at 22:28
Hi Julie

Great to hear Trevor is showing some improvment long may it continue..

Carol

User
Posted 30 Dec 2014 at 22:36

Hold in there Julie, you say Trevor has made an improvement, be strong, as you normally are, for the boys.

Our thoughts and prayers as always.............

Chris and Shirley. xxxx

User
Posted 30 Dec 2014 at 23:10
So pleased to hear that there has been some improvement Julie. No doubt you feel you've been through the wringer, what a man Trevor is.

Here's wishign you a happy New Year and that your man is home with you all.

Love

Allison xx

User
Posted 30 Dec 2014 at 23:14

You really are on an emotional roller coaster. It looks as though it's on its way up again. I hope it stays that way for you and Trevor in the New Year. You both deserve it!

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 30 Dec 2014 at 23:51

Julie, tremendous news. He is a fighter Mr T so hopefully he is recovering well now. Look after yourself too and if you can, enjoy New Year's Eve and look forward to 2015.

User
Posted 31 Dec 2014 at 11:27
Hi SS

thank the Lord for that, I was so worried for you , there is an awful lot of bad sickness this month so many friends have been down with chest infections, flu and bronchitis the conditions must be ideal for it. Trevor will of course be more susceptible as well.

I can almost visualise Trevor yearning for a home cooked curry snuggled up in front of the TV with you and the boys and the occasional dog or puppy!

I return North on Saturday so will ring you when I get home.

Sounds like another corner successfully turned in not so much that formula one racing car but more llike a supermarket trolley with a wonky wheel. It got you round it in one piece though. Now you need to take time out have a chill evening with a very large glass of Chardonnay and regain some of that strength and humour we all love you for so much.

Here is to a much calmer and happier 2015

xxx

Mo

User
Posted 31 Dec 2014 at 11:37

Glad to hear better news, Julie. Thinking of you,

Love, Fiona.

User
Posted 31 Dec 2014 at 15:55
Hi Julie

That's great news that Trevor is on the mend

Let's hope that's the start of a great new year

Love from us all

Girls send hugs to the puppies xx

User
Posted 31 Dec 2014 at 17:58

Great to hear things are on the up Julie....as others have said take care of yourself too.

Oh and you get a gong for managing to get Lyn to admit she had a wobble at your poem (she's a softie really ) ;-)

Bri

User
Posted 04 Jan 2015 at 11:54

Julie, you have been very quiet so I hope you are okay. Thinking of you both x

User
Posted 04 Jan 2015 at 13:38

May I add my best wishes and fingers crossed for continual improvement for Trevor?

atb

dave

User
Posted 04 Jan 2015 at 21:38
Just to take a moment and save Julie just a little task, Trevor is still in the short stay ward he is a little better today but still having spikes in his temperature. Julie is fine but tired. Going to see her on Thu with Si. Will take any messages.

I am sure Julie will post soon.

Xxx

Mo

User
Posted 04 Jan 2015 at 22:43

Thank you SS,

firstly I cannot believe that you lot got me to move over too the dark side and know you have all bu@@ered of and left me on my own, I only came to keep you lot company.http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

So the news is 2 steps forward and 4 steps back the spikes in temp and low BP are indicating that the virus has not been knocked out . To quote the DR his bloods are all over the place as usual we are not sure if this is from PC related issues or the Pneumonia . He had a bad day yesterday very high temp and very tired but seems much more perky today. He is as usual very preoccupied with the hospital menu but then he asked for an egg sandwich half an hour before I called the ambulance (and he ate it).

We were concentrating on the PC and our next Onco appointment on Fri (this is for scan results and maybe starting Abi) that we didn't see the Amsterdam Express coming round the corner. He is still on the short stay ward so I am taking that as a positive.

Life eh , it can get a bit tough at times.

BFN

Julie X

User
Posted 04 Jan 2015 at 23:03

Relieved to see your update but I really wish there was something I could do to help. Mo & Si are okay people but I wouldn't trust either of them on your ride-on mower.

User
Posted 05 Jan 2015 at 10:00
Buxxer the ride on mower Si and I are going dog napping xxx

Mo

User
Posted 05 Jan 2015 at 10:28

its all about the dogs,just a couple will do http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif

User
Posted 05 Jan 2015 at 12:13

I guess he is in the right place for now. It must be so exhausting for you Julie, make sure you keep looking after yourself too. Best wishes!

User
Posted 05 Jan 2015 at 21:23

Good news at last Trevor arrived home at around 6.30 so finally I can say HAPPY NEW YEAR. He still looks weak and a little frazzled around the edges but soooooooooooooo much better than when he left.

He certainly likes to keep me on my toes, BP is still on the low side but his bloods are much better and temp seems to be behaving. I think he is just trying to go through the alphabet of medical ailments we must be getting close to Z.

I just want to say a HUGE Thank you for all of your messages of support . It means so much and in dark hours keeps me afloat .

Lyn thank you for offers of help , Si and Mandy looking forward to Thur you can both have a go on the ride on (no fighting or racing) and there are more than enough dogs to go round.

Thanks again to all. XX

BFN

Julie X

User
Posted 05 Jan 2015 at 21:53
Very, very good news julie xxx
User
Posted 05 Jan 2015 at 21:56

Such great news http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif

See you thursday

Si xx

User
Posted 05 Jan 2015 at 22:09

Being at home makes you feel better and makes life so much easier.

Great news.

Dave

User
Posted 06 Jan 2015 at 00:14

Hi Julie,

Really good news that Trevor is home now, I know how relieved you both must be.

Hope 2015 is a really good year for you both.

Thinking of you both.

Steve

User
Posted 06 Jan 2015 at 01:25

So pleased to see this - phew x

User
Posted 06 Jan 2015 at 09:10

Glad you are able to get back to some semblance of normality. Gives the stress levels time to catch up. Wish Trevor a specially big Happy New Year from me.
Best Wishes
Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 06 Jan 2015 at 09:33

We send our bestest wishes to you all Julie, Trevor, Children and Dogs!

After Trevor gets to Z then you can make a start on aa bb cc dd etc.

Chris and Shirley. xx

User
Posted 06 Jan 2015 at 11:04
Bargain ... Carrot cake baked just got to be decorated, flapjacks came out of the oven 20 mins ago and I am going to have to leave the house to stop myself from trying it ...tonight preparing a whole chicken spatchooked and marinated in jerk spice you will just need to bake it for about an hour ... Trevor better have his appetite back !!!

see you Thursday SS

xxx

Mo

User
Posted 06 Jan 2015 at 13:24

Dear Julie and Trevor,

Delighted to hear Trevor is back at home. now.

You know, reading your posts over so long, we can't fail to be impressed by how, through all the hard times, your humour shines through. I know I've laughed out loud so many times.when you've cast sunshine on a dark day.

And as for the 'Newark Crew'. I salute you all. Too funny!!

I sincerely hope the whole lot of you are at The Mill on June 20th.

Warmest wishes always,

George

User
Posted 06 Jan 2015 at 13:32

Bloody hell Mo is that lot for me to eat on the way, it will only take an hour, oh well i will try my best.

Hang on i have just noticed it is ALL for Trevor http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cry.gif

Better make an effort as well then, i will unwrap some of the Christmas biccies and make out i have baked them http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cry.gif

See you Thursday

User
Posted 06 Jan 2015 at 20:44
I got a tiny bit carried away with the chicken, enough to feed the most hungry family.good news it won't smell in the car as it is now foil sealed and marinating.

Julie I hope you have time to make rice and peas to go with it not sure if I know how to?!!!

Xxx

Mo

User
Posted 08 Jan 2015 at 21:47

What a lovely day , Mandy and Si arrived with enough food to feed an army . We had a lovely afternoon chatting then for tea we had Mandy's jerk chicken which got the thumbs up from Trevor and WOW you should see her Carrot cake . Well actually you can't see it now because we have eaten half of it.http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif

The boys are half way through Mandy's flap jack . I am going to hide it before I go to bed otherwise it will gone by morning.

So Onco tomorrow with results of bone and MRI scans that were done before Xmas also PSA result if we have had a drop with stopping Bicalutamide then we will hold of with Abbi tabs for now, if we have had a rise or scan results show progression then onwards and upwards with Abbi.

T has had a good day today even doing the school run this morning and even though he was slightly nervous about meeting Mandy Mo and Si he is now glad that they came and at last I know have witnesses to vouch for Trevor talking the hind legs of a donkey.http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif

Who knows I may even get him to Newark.

BFN

Julie X