Show search

Notification

Error

My 3 men contd

User
Posted 20 May 2016 at 22:12
Lyn

you are now page not found as well as DM

most frustrating when the problem has been reported so many times already.

I think you and DM need to post away to each other unti your respective pages flip over.

xxx

Mo

User
Posted 21 May 2016 at 09:19

Excellent news, Lyn. I'm more than happy just to be told it's less than 0.1. No worries about the small changes, then. I've been told that the medics will only react when it gets to 0.2 anyway.

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 27 May 2016 at 23:07

While John was cycling 100k for brain tumour research last Saturday, Dad's snooker club were apparently having a fundraiser for PCUK and raised £2400. I asked Dad whether it had been sponsored snookering but he said not, just a raffle!

I love my men x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 29 May 2016 at 21:32
Lyn

Your men are the best and they have the best support too.

Big love

Devonmaid xxx

User
Posted 30 May 2016 at 09:58
Well done to both of your men

A great achievement

Si xx

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 10 Sep 2016 at 11:33

A little later than it should have been - I think John was a bit more worried this time than usual so kept prevaricating on booking the appointment - but PSA test done and results received. Worries were unfounded, score is 0.06 so it is true what we keep saying about tiny rises in ultrasensitive testing.

Last few results then: 0.07, 0.08, 0.09, 0.07, 0.06

The GP had also ordered a thyroid test this time (no explanation for that) which was also fine.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 10 Sep 2016 at 11:41

It's a huge thumbs up from me !
And ............ Relax.
Pleased for you both x

User
Posted 10 Sep 2016 at 12:42
L

Great news for you both, really pleased for you.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 10 Sep 2016 at 12:52

Very good news. May the future results remain the same if not better.

Ray

User
Posted 10 Sep 2016 at 12:56

Very pleased for you both.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 10 Sep 2016 at 12:59
Really good news, L.

Long may it continue.

Steve

User
Posted 10 Sep 2016 at 20:40
So chuffed to read this Lyn

Lots of love Devonmaid xxx

User
Posted 10 Sep 2016 at 20:47

That's great news !! 👍🏼

Viv
X

The only time you should look back is to see how far you have come
User
Posted 10 Sep 2016 at 22:55
What ever the recipe keep going xx

User
Posted 11 Sep 2016 at 11:10

Phew....great result.

Bri x

User
Posted 11 Sep 2016 at 13:19
V good news hope you are having a relaxing wkend.
User
Posted 11 Sep 2016 at 21:49

Great news. One is always apprehensive but what a relief to have a good result.

Barry
User
Posted 12 Sep 2016 at 08:05
Brilliant

Great news

Xxx

Mo

User
Posted 12 Sep 2016 at 09:16
Great news , so pleased for you
User
Posted 07 Dec 2016 at 22:37

John's PSA is due tomorrow. Dad's is rising gently. Yesterday it was 4 years since Stan's funeral. It was also 10 years since my mother-in-law died and should have been my brother's birthday last week. I have spent the last 36 hours in ICU with my dad's partner and made the decision at 4pm that the doctors should turn off the life support machines - she died at 4.55pm. I haven't slept for days. John & I have 7 parent-like people in our lives, 6 of whom have had cancer, three of whom I have nursed at home until the end but this is the first time I have had to make a decision rather than nature (and morphine) determining the course.

Tonight, I really really wish I wasn't tee total as the idea of getting lashed is strangely appealing.

Today is my birthday.

User
Posted 07 Dec 2016 at 22:59
Hi lyn,

Hard decision to make but am sure deep down you know it was the best decision.

Thinking of you and your family, hope tomorrow brings some positive results for your hubby.

Take care

Lesley x

User
Posted 07 Dec 2016 at 23:28

Hi Lynn,

I wish I knew how to raise your spirits, but there are times that are sad and we can't do anything about that, all I can say is that I am thinking of you.

Life is very difficult at times, and no one has done more than you to help me through some of my most difficult times, for that I am eternally grateful.

Hopefully 2017 will bring you some happy moments.

:)

Dave

User
Posted 08 Dec 2016 at 00:39

Oh Lynn - wish there was something useful/helpful I could say. What a tough decision - but clearly there's no-one who could have made it with the compassion, courage and understanding that you will have brought to an impossible situation.

You and Julie are so central to this forum but I'm sure that's often at a real cost to your own peace of mind (assuming there's any space for that!). Huge thanks to you for everything you are to all of us - from relative newbies like me to the old hands. Looks like we need more than one comfort blanket doing the rounds. Hope it comes in your direction soon.

And hope your birthday can be properly celebrated before too long (cream cakes make an excellent substitute for alcohol) and that you have at least a short period of calm to restore your strength.

Take care. Thanks for being there for everyone, including me. Wishing you peace and sleep.

Love

Eleanor

xxx

User
Posted 08 Dec 2016 at 02:24

Lyn,

You did what you knew was best. It's now important that you don't worry any more about this and try to get some sleep, even if it means taking some pills to help you do so.

Barry
User
Posted 08 Dec 2016 at 05:42
Dear Lyn, I am so sorry that you have been through so much for so long, you are amazing support past and present for so many. As an agnostic, I believe in karma, you have an eternity of good things waiting for you. My thoughts are with you , Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 08 Dec 2016 at 07:30

Sorry to hear you have been through so much Lyn.
I guess at these times it's important to have those you love around you.

I have my fingers crossed for Johns PSA result

Bri x

User
Posted 08 Dec 2016 at 08:53

Lyn

Well what does one say. The main thought of course is thinking of you. You're by nature strong so will come through it, hopefully soon. In the meantime take care.

Ray

User
Posted 08 Dec 2016 at 09:09

Even a strong person needs support, needs time to themselves, need sleep, need family and friends. I am sure you will be able to access all these to ensure that you get the support you need. Make sure you are ok, caring takes its toll and everyone needs your kind and thoughtful contributions. But take time out until you are sure you are on top of things.

User
Posted 08 Dec 2016 at 09:13
No Words just a huge HUG

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 08 Dec 2016 at 09:54

Dear Lyn,

A big virtual hug from me too because I'm lost for words.

I'm thinking of you though and I hope that your John's results today will give you a lift.

XXXX

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 08 Dec 2016 at 11:38

Thanks guys xxx

I have no wobbles at all about the decision to turn off the machines - if anything, we allowed it to go on a bit too long because dad was struggling to accept everything. To go from diagnosis to ICU in 4 days and then in 2 days to this!

It seems that some forms of lymphoma are extremely aggressive - I only picked them up from the airport last Tuesday so in hindsight quite how she survived the flight is beyond me although it seems the altitude probably speeded it all up. I wonder if that is something men with lymph node involvement need to be aware of when deciding whether to travel with PCa excluded?

Johsan, let's hope that stress does not increase PSA!

User
Posted 08 Dec 2016 at 12:59

Apart from anything else it must have been such a shock for this to happen so quickly :-(  You have given such amazing care to so many people I hope you get a least a moment to have a belated birthday celebration.  x

User
Posted 08 Dec 2016 at 13:13

Xx :-(( xX

User
Posted 08 Dec 2016 at 18:38
Hi Lyn

I am so sorry to hear you news, Life really can be a right b****

Hope John gets some good results

Si xx

User
Posted 08 Dec 2016 at 18:51

Adding my love and thoughts. A tough experience to go through but you made the right call. If I were in that situation I sincerely hope someone would make that decision for me. Hope you get some good nights sleep. x

Fiona.

User
Posted 08 Dec 2016 at 20:21

Hi Lyn
So very sorry to hear you are going through such a sad time, please take care
Viv xxx

The only time you should look back is to see how far you have come
User
Posted 08 Dec 2016 at 21:37
Sad times indeed, so sorry for life's difficulties that you are experiencing. Good music, great chocolates and lovely scented candles can do the trick instead of a stiff drink! Fingers crossed for the PSA result tomorrow but take time to care for yourself, is there a good spa in your area? A nice bath with Jo Malone(the candles, not the person ) can do wonders, take care
User
Posted 08 Dec 2016 at 22:41
Lyn

You have been a great support to others. Over the past few weeks, it has become evident to me just how valuable your contributions are to all of us. Thank you. I hope you get some rest.

Walter

User
Posted 09 Dec 2016 at 06:43
Lyn

Sorry to hear of your loss. I hope John's PSA result is okay.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 09 Dec 2016 at 12:12

Dear Lyn,

You amaze me. You have so many of your relations who you are supporting and yet you still have time to offer advice, guidance, support and detailed medical knowledge to the rest of us on this forum. Your current post count is 5,325!!!

You are an incredible, wonderful, person and I admire you so much.

Thank you.

David

User
Posted 09 Dec 2016 at 12:14

and so say all of us!

x

User
Posted 14 Dec 2016 at 23:55

B****r

PSA is 0.1 .... darned receptionist says brightly "oh it's fine" and has to be forced to provide the actual number.

In other news, Dad has seen his GP today and expressed some concern about his PCa progression. GP looks at his recent scores and says "your PSA is really low - nothing to worry about." I asked him, "Dad did you check that she knew you don't have a prostate?" Of course he didn't - he is grieving.

Aaaaaaagggggghhh!

Thank you everyone for your sanity x

User
Posted 15 Dec 2016 at 07:20
Lyn

Just got this.

You are so supportive of me and countless others.

Much love to you.

Bazza (Barry) XXX

User
Posted 15 Dec 2016 at 08:39

Typical GP surgery responses

How's John? From my recollection he will process this and deal with it.

Still very low Lyn and his PSA has a habit of going up and down. I suppose it's now a case of waiting to see what happens with the next test which may well go back down knowing his history

Take care

Bri x

User
Posted 15 Dec 2016 at 10:50

Lyn, hope you are ok. Lot to deal with and everyone expects you to be the one providing the care. No doubt you will but care for yourself too.

User
Posted 15 Dec 2016 at 15:45

Hi Lyn

Sorry to hear this but agree with Bri, Johns PSA does bounce about a bit.

Hope it settles down next time

Si xx

User
Posted 15 Dec 2016 at 16:49

I have good feelings about this result , whether mis-guided or not Lyn. Johns results have been messing about a bit , but most importantly nothing dramatic is happening which I know would bother you both terribly. You are still at a " maybe " point , which is far better than the alternative. !! Have as lovely a Christmas as you all can x

User
Posted 15 Dec 2016 at 17:39

Lyn yes a damn but strip out the 3 monthly testing and 0.02 increase over a year plus 4 years post RT is not bad. Nevertheless looking at the long term a short spell of HT?.

Ray

User
Posted 15 Dec 2016 at 19:52
Lyn

Sending you all my best wishes.

Walter

User
Posted 15 Dec 2016 at 21:13
Well I can't offer Sanity that would just be CRAZY, and I certainly have no advise on men without a prostate and a PSA reading of 0.02 (is that even a real number)😉

What I do have is a brand new line in comfort blankets ( don't let everyone know though ) there might be a huge influx of orders.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON