Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

6 months on.......

User
Posted 01 Jun 2014 at 08:20

Hi,

I haven't posted on here for some time, until yesterday when I did it on my old forum post, so hope this is the right place.......

Well it's 6 months after my husband's RARP, all fine really, thankfully. Still some incontinence but getting there, much better now. More control and less pads being used. He is doing his pelvic floor exercises and walks about an hour and a half each evening.

Due to nerve removal on right side, some erectile problems but honestly for us, the incontinence issue, for now is more important

(although the doctor is aware of everything and all being dealt with simoultaneously).

I have been scouring the Internet for info on a hernia in groin after RARP. I found some articles that talk about hernias occurring 6 months afterwards. My husband has a swelling on the right side of his groin, no pain and its quite soft. Doctor has ordered a scan.

Has anyone else experienced this?

User
Posted 01 Jun 2014 at 10:46
Hi Rocky,

Yes, hernia is a risk after any abdominal surgery including RP. Quite a few on here seem to have had a hernia at some time. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for the scan.

Are you still overseas?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard