I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Urinary Control, possible tip?

User
Posted 01 Jun 2014 at 14:27

Just thought I'd post this as it has helped me.

Having been told about pelvic floor exercises, I wondered if I was doing them correctly. When I had the catheter removed I was quite surprised and elated!!! at the flow rate,.. but on stopping I was left dribbling with no control. I am now 10 days after TWOC and have found if I try to stop the flow just before finishing and then blow my nose, it helps to understand how the muscles work and as a bonus helps empty the bladder as well! 

I now find if I stop the flow just before finishing and use the muscle as if blowing my nose (while not actually blowing my nose)I am gaining more control daily. You never know, it might help someone out there,..... Sid.

What matters is not the years in your life, but the life in your years!
User
Posted 02 Jun 2014 at 07:33

Not sure where I posted this? In Diagnosis I think, trouble with this site it only gives info on replies and not on number of times post is read,...http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-yell.gif... Doh!!!

What matters is not the years in your life, but the life in your years!
User
Posted 02 Jun 2014 at 08:33
Lost your post? Use "search" - looking for "blowing nose" brings your post back at the top of the list. Open the post, then the "breadcrumb" menu (the green and white writing in the black section just above the title of your thread) tells you which section the post is rooted to. HTH! ;-)
Tony

TURP then LRP in 2009/2010. Lots of leakage but PSA < 0.1 AMS-800 Artificial Sphincter activated 2015.