Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Joe Kandekore (Candyman)

User
Posted 06 Jun 2014 at 20:45

Dear Friends,

I have just heard today that Joe Kandekore (Candyman), passed away on April 22nd.

A lot of us were wondering what was happening after we received no email replies, and today our B2PCa webmaster (James Grant) received a message from Joe's nephew giving us the shock news.

Joe was diagnosed in 2008 aged just 43. He had a long tough fight, and I suppose we all knew things were really bad when he posted here last in March.

His story is here: JOE PROFILE

Many of you will have met Joe at Leicester numerous times, and at the London 'do' as recently as December 2013.

He was a tremendous, fun-living guy, always upbeat witha zest for life.

REST IN PEACE JOE

User
Posted 06 Jun 2014 at 22:37
Well what an end to an awful week. First Mick and now Joe. Less than 50 with two children that he adored, such a terrible waste.

Joe was a true gent who will be missed.

RIP Joe,

Barry (alias Barrington )

User
Posted 06 Jun 2014 at 22:42
More sad news.... Rest in peace Joe

Bri

User
Posted 06 Jun 2014 at 23:35
Devastating news - I think I knew when he didn't reply to my last couple of emails but I didn't really want to believe it.

Joe, I will remember you as a gentle man with sparkly eyes. I hope that your last days and hours were filled with the sounds of your family and that their love wrapped around you like the softest cloud. Sleep peacefully, smiley guy xxx

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 07 Jun 2014 at 00:03
So sad to hear, like Lyn says I think I knew but couldn't believe , and can't think I won't talk to him again and see his sparkly eyes, a true gent and lovely man, so young, so brave.
User
Posted 07 Jun 2014 at 01:41

Joe was a true gent.

I'm shocked to hear the news even though I knew he was fairly advanced.

We chatted and laughed at the London 'do' organised by George (George H)... I remember feeling then that his circumstances and history were pretty bleak  - he drew the shortest of straws - it seems so unfair to such a good bloke, I hope his children (his life as he said) can summon the strength through all this.

I bet he was a great dad - as he was a good man.

RIP Joe , I only wish I knew you better.

User
Posted 07 Jun 2014 at 08:43
This is very sad news, especially for someone so young. I met Joe only once and that was at the London “do” last year. It was a real pleasure to spend a short time talking to him. He created a lasting impression on me and he will be sadly missed.

Alan

User
Posted 07 Jun 2014 at 08:47

THat is so very sad, I never met Joe but I had followed his story. He sounded like a fun loving man who adored his family. Another far too young to have been taken by this horrid disease

RIP Joe and my deepest condolences to your family

xx

Mo

User
Posted 07 Jun 2014 at 09:05
Like many, I had also thought the worst and so it proved.

Joe has left a lasting memory with us too, what a nice guy he was. This is devastating news, I was so hoping that he would just turn up at MOS.

Rest in Peace Joe, a lovely man, who adored his children and life.

God bless.

Allison and John

Xxxxxx

User
Posted 07 Jun 2014 at 10:34

I too wondered what had happened to Candyman and of course now we know. Another sad loss , far too young . Who said this is an old mans disease.

My sincere condolences to Joe's family. RIP Joe.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 07 Jun 2014 at 10:47

So sorry to hear this, another man lost to this vile disease. Condolences to the family,

Fiona.

User
Posted 07 Jun 2014 at 11:22

Such sad news!

Joe was such a nice guy.

Rest in Peace Joe, it was my privilege to have known you.

Mike

User
Posted 07 Jun 2014 at 14:18

Very sad news indeed.

Joe sat at our table last year at the Leicester get together and Brenda and I found him to be a really nice guy with a wry sense of humour and a big, big smile on his face all the time.

Rest easy Joe.

Roger
User
Posted 07 Jun 2014 at 14:50
I met him only briefly last year, nice man. RIP Joe.
User
Posted 07 Jun 2014 at 18:38

This is devastating news. We met Joe several times and Laura was particularly taken by his relatively young age and desire for life. She is normally quite stoic but Joe's passing has greatly upset her. I just hope it was peaceful and that his kids are OK.

Rest in Peace Joe - we will miss your wonderful smile

Nil desperandum

Allister

User
Posted 10 Jun 2014 at 22:56
So very, very sad for one so young and with a young family, our best wishes, condolences, thoughts and prayers go to his family.

RIP Joe

You WILL be missed.

Chris and Shirley.

User
Posted 11 Jun 2014 at 18:27

Sad news indeed.

Another young man taken far too early.

My condolences to his family.

User
Posted 11 Jun 2014 at 19:17

RIP Joe,

Sad news indeed, we talked at the xmas do,