Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

travel insurance USA

User
Posted 19 Jun 2014 at 15:40
Dear all,

I am very new to this forum and very new to prostate cancer - I now need to find a place to get travel insurance to go to the USA with May family in a few months.

Does anyone have advice for me on the best places to look apart from starting with random google searches.

I have just gone back to my old company and the medical questions of 'is your PSA above 4' and 'are you due a referral or treatment in the next three months' seem to be causing these companies a lot of issues.

Joe

No matter how you feel get up, get washed, get dressed and go out. This is not a dress rehearsal
User
Posted 19 Jun 2014 at 17:47

Hi Joe seeing has you have not had any treatment yet I can't see why PSA should be an issue I certainly never mentioned it prior to my op.I suppose the best places to start are the likes of Go compare,the meerkat one,Insureandgo is one to maybe look at.

User
Posted 19 Jun 2014 at 18:25

I'm with Staysure.

I had no problem getting insured for Australia, 8 weeks after my prostatectomy.  All done on-line.

flexi

User
Posted 20 Jun 2014 at 07:43

I went to China a last month before my RP, in my experience insurance companies all have different criteria, it really does pay to get 5 or 6 quotations so you get an all round feel of what they’re requirements are, they do vary along with price too, but good luck

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 19 Jun 2014 at 17:47

Hi Joe seeing has you have not had any treatment yet I can't see why PSA should be an issue I certainly never mentioned it prior to my op.I suppose the best places to start are the likes of Go compare,the meerkat one,Insureandgo is one to maybe look at.

User
Posted 19 Jun 2014 at 18:25

I'm with Staysure.

I had no problem getting insured for Australia, 8 weeks after my prostatectomy.  All done on-line.

flexi

User
Posted 20 Jun 2014 at 07:43

I went to China a last month before my RP, in my experience insurance companies all have different criteria, it really does pay to get 5 or 6 quotations so you get an all round feel of what they’re requirements are, they do vary along with price too, but good luck

User
Posted 24 Jun 2014 at 01:21

Start by trying the comparison sites, moneysupermarket.com produced lots of quotes for me. I also tried Blue Bear Travel Insurance who quoted separately for pre-existing medical coverage. The quote for pre-existing medical coverage came from a detailed phone conversation, not an online questionnaire. Both elements of their quote were competitive for a short trip to Germany - the medical part was less than half Staysure's quote which in turn was at the bottom end of the quotes from comparison sites.

Also, watch out for coverage offered for the travel element - it can be very small for loss of luggage and "high value" items such as cameras.

Viv

Edited by member 24 Jun 2014 at 01:39  | Reason: Not specified