I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Very Quiet

User
Posted 21 Jun 2014 at 13:50

Very quiet on here today.  Can't understand why!!!

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 22 Jun 2014 at 02:27
Was this tongue in cheek or did you forget most of us were at the B2PCa party?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 22 Jun 2014 at 09:33
The former, Lyn. Hence the exclamation marks.
Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 22 Jun 2014 at 11:27
Ha! Over-tired is my only excuse, it took 2&half hours to get home and I was a bit brain dead from the doof doof doof doof of the motorbike :-0
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 22 Jun 2014 at 16:59
Not the alcohol, then?
Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 22 Jun 2014 at 17:49
Tee-total, my friend. I had a sip of sherry in 1983 and that was enough to put me off for life!

User
Posted 22 Jun 2014 at 17:53
Hi,

May I suggest that this shows what is wrong with this site, I am posting this on general discussion, social. Which covers events etc. which is what sixfoottwo and Lyn are referring to. However as was discussed yesterday everybody ( including me ) are solely using recent conversations which in a very short time that post is lost as other posts come in covering a totally different subject. It was also suggested that the name of the person posting should be entered.

Going back to the event this refers to, it was a superb day and my thanks go to George and all the wonderful people it has been my pleasure to meet.

Life is for living

Barry (alias Barrington )

Edited by member 22 Jun 2014 at 17:54  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 22 Jun 2014 at 18:35
I agree. Most of my posts are tagged onto recent conversations, where they might be more appropriate in another thread. Now, should this post be here?
Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 22 Jun 2014 at 19:48
I don't understand your point TG? sf2 has started a thread called 'quiet today' which is in 'social' and will remain there forever, just as it would have done on the old forum?????

User
Posted 22 Jun 2014 at 22:17
I think TG's point is that most people may look at the recent conversations rather than looking through the all topics section. But as Lyn says the posts are there.

Bri

User
Posted 22 Jun 2014 at 22:54
Hi Lyn,

How do you find his particular post under topics without going through every section....24 of them. I know it also comes up on recent conversations but if you don't go on line for a day it won't be on the opening page and why would I look at " Quiet Day" even if I did scroll down umpteen messages?

Before, having been to the Leicester gig I would go onto events to see if there were any comments about it. Why would anyone go onto my 15 years bit to see if there were any comments about the do and do we have to go through every bodies thread to see if they have made a comment?

You must forgive me Lyn for being a decrepit 69 year old who hasn't got the computer skills you youngsters have.....( now there's a compliment if ever there was )

Hey Ho.....

Life is for living

Barry (alias Barrington )

User
Posted 23 Jun 2014 at 15:07
Yep, I agree it's harder to find the Events sections.

Posts about The Leicester do are under GENERAL DISCUSSION / SOCIAL section of the Topics Menu.

User
Posted 23 Jun 2014 at 20:29

Hi Guys,

I know how you feel, in the old days when I had ten minutes to spare I could go on line, visit this site, see at a glance what was going on, and follow threads easily enough.

Now with all the improvements I always seem to end up with a feeling of nostalgia for the old site, was it Melanie who sang '...you don't know what you've got till it's gone...'

I have just spent half an hour browsing YANA, straightforward and simple, it ain't broke so they haven't fixed it.

:)

Dave

User
Posted 23 Jun 2014 at 22:22

It was Joni Mitchell,,,Big Yellow Taxi

User
Posted 23 Jun 2014 at 23:11
Joni Mitchell - got 3 LP's - played them all the way through one after the other a couple of weeks ago. Wonderful!
Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 26 Jun 2014 at 10:29

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
Hi Lyn,
How do you find his particular post under topics without going through every section....24 of them. I know it also comes up on recent conversations but if you don't go on line for a day it won't be on the opening page and why would I look at " Quiet Day" even if I did scroll down umpteen messages?
Before, having been to the Leicester gig I would go onto events to see if there were any comments about it. Why would anyone go onto my 15 years bit to see if there were any comments about the do and do we have to go through every bodies thread to see if they have made a comment?

Hi,

If you click on 'Recent Conversations' in the menu, you can set the 'Since' time to any period of time you want -- if you haven't been here in a week just set it to 'from the last week' and you can see everything folks have been talking about since then regardless of which subtopic the conversations are under. I think that's how most regular posters use the community and it's the easiest way to use it for people who like to stay on top of everything -- that's why we made that area more prominent than it was on the old platform. 

I hope this helps!