Error

Starting Over

User
Posted 20 Dec 2015 at 20:25
x
User
Posted 20 Dec 2015 at 20:35

Aww Mo
You're a rock to us all. Le Mont St Mo !
You obviously have some amazing close friends on here who have shared your trials and tribulations. It's a great place for all. I can only offer heartfelt warmth to you and thanks for some very needed support at times.
A bit of a cliché maybe but 2016 is your year. A new start but the important memories in your pocket xxx

User
Posted 20 Dec 2015 at 20:39

I know it's no consolation but I hope the memories of the 24 years give you a lift, not the last bit obviously but you shared an amazing love and nothing can change that.

A whole year without your Mick. His memory will never fade for you and in his absence you've made new ones.

Well done you

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 20 Dec 2015 at 22:36

Happy anniversary Mo - I am sure Mick would be so proud of how you have conducted yourself in the last year, no wallowing or self-pity. Take care xxx

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 21 May 2016 at 00:00
So another 6 months or more have passed and the biggest and most difficult decision I have had to make in the two years since Mick died kind of snuck up on me.

Living in rural lincolnshire has its plus points, peace and tranquility at the top of the list, for Mick and I almost 10 years ago this was going to be our "forever home" how things change when you are a 57 year old widow! I need family and friends close by and I need a social environment that helps me to move on.

I promised not to make any rash decisions after Mick died and I have not, the decision to move was not based on emotion it was based on necessity, so here I am 2 years later, ready and wanting to move that one step further into my new life.

Contracts were finally exchanged today and now I can get organising all that needs to be done. I will be 2 miles away from my lovely step daughter Karen and her hubby and so much closer to the majority of my friends and family. Best of it is that my new home has so much on the doorstep it's uncanny. A huge resevoir with more bird wildlife than I have known before, a walking and rambling club, bird watching club even a sailing club. I also have a huge acreage of Country park for walking, running and cycling.

It was a seriously big decision to move but it was the right one. Now I am just looking forward to moving in and settling as best as I can before MOTS.

looking forward to seeing those that are going there, and anyone else as and when in the coming year.

xxxx

Mo

edited for typos

Edited by member 21 May 2016 at 08:52  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 21 May 2016 at 05:50
Birds near by you got a spare room for me and my scope

I know we moved for different reasons but its been one of the best things we have done

You will love your new house birds birds and more birds lol

Regards

Nidge

Edited by member 21 May 2016 at 05:53  | Reason: Not specified

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 21 May 2016 at 05:52

Hi Mo
What a huge decision involving much emotion but so logical to be closer to family and friends. And the bonus of wildlife walks and country Parks. It sounds lovely

You are such a brave person and I wish you well in your new start.

Paul x

User
Posted 21 May 2016 at 06:47
Mo

Hope your move all goes well.

Love Chris & Dawn

User
Posted 21 May 2016 at 07:08
Mo ,

Enjoy your new home and all that the area brings for you.

John

User
Posted 21 May 2016 at 08:36
Fantastic news SS,

My wish for you came true enjoy your new home . I can picture you in a frenzy of packing now and all just in time for the summer.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 21 May 2016 at 08:47

Sounding great Mo. A super new start for someone who deserves it more than most. Sounds like loads to do and keep you occupied. Only thing is , they don't sell Prosecco anywhere in that area ! Complete embargo I'm afraid :-))
X

User
Posted 21 May 2016 at 09:02

Best of luck, Mo. Hope it's everything you wish for. You deserve it!

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 21 May 2016 at 09:03
Thanks you lovely people,

I woke up this morning (which Is kind of a good start) and it suddenly hit me, yep I am really doing this.

Once I have unpacked and got a ittle organised and after my cycling trip to france, I will be more than happy to have visitors.

No prosecco, what none? not even a half finished bottle left outside the local night club?

I am undone !!

xxxx

Mo

User
Posted 21 May 2016 at 14:44

Dear Mo,

I am absolutely delighted that your house move was resolved.

You were obviously on edge waiting for the deal to be done, and now you can settle down (literally).

It really does sound like the RIGHT move for you to make. One major decision done and dusted now.

Great news, my fellow 'Sunderland AFC sufferer'http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif

SEE YOU AT THE MILL IN 27 DAYS TIME (the Friday night booze up!).

George

User
Posted 21 May 2016 at 19:19
Delighted to hear that things are going ahead and according to plan Mo. Still feel sad that we not have the pleasure of your company in Swindon but I'm sure that Karen is thrilled to have you close by instead.

It must feel very odd thing, moving house on your own but I'm quite sure it's right for you. Can't wait to see you in your next journey South.

Lots of love

DM

User
Posted 21 May 2016 at 19:59

Sounds lovely Mo and not only can you build new memories but you know that you'll take the old ones with you and nothing can take those away from you.

Good luck in your new home.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 21 May 2016 at 20:26

A big decision but I think absolutely the right one. Wherever you are settled, Mick will be with you

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 21 May 2016 at 21:15

Mo best of luck with the move and let the activities begin. You have always come over as a special lady with a big heart so you deserve to be where things can make you happier, sounds idyllic.

Best wishes Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 21 May 2016 at 22:22

Hi Mo,

Hope all goes well and you enjoy this new chapter in your life as I'm sure you will.

Barry
User
Posted 21 May 2016 at 22:34
Hi mo

Wishing you all the very best with your house move.Sounds like there's going to be many good social groups to join and enjoy.

Lesley x

User
Posted 22 May 2016 at 20:31

Fantastic, Mo. Hard decision but you have obviously weighed up all the pros and cons. I wish you every happiness in your new home.

Fiona. x

User
Posted 22 May 2016 at 20:58
Hi Mo

Firstly I would like to say thank you for the kind and encouraging words you have offered to me on various posts of mine over the months on my PCa journey. They have really helped.

Wishing you all the best on your move.

User
Posted 02 Jun 2016 at 08:34
Thinking of you today Mandy

Lots of love from us all xx

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 02 Jun 2016 at 12:14
Hello Mo

You are in my thoughts today.

Carol x

User
Posted 02 Jun 2016 at 16:03

Mo

Lots of love to you, we will raise a glass tonight. 

Love Chris and Dawn

User
Posted 02 Jun 2016 at 16:15

Thinking of you today

Best wishes

Rosy x

User
Posted 02 Jun 2016 at 18:31

Sending my love and thoughts today for you, Mo. xxx

Fiona.

User
Posted 02 Jun 2016 at 18:47
XXXXX

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 02 Jun 2016 at 19:05

Although time may move on, no one ever forgets.

I hope that for you, and others who have lost a loved one, that the memories are sweeter now, and more often fond memories, rather than sad.

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 02 Jun 2016 at 20:22
Mandy

thinking of you Mandy, can't believe two years have gone by. Time is relentless.

Love

Allison xxx

User
Posted 03 Jun 2016 at 14:30
Gosh

I didn't look on here yesterday as I never expected to get lovely messages here too!

I had so many e mails and facebook messages yesterday it was very touching.

On facebook I wanted to try and let people know that I am really doing well and although I think of Mick every day it is mostly just the happy memories now. So I posted a picture of him taken on holiday in Lanzarote. It was one of those photos that begs to be captioned, so knowing that he loved comedy and had a wonderful sense of humour, I asked people to remember him as he truly was and post something witty or funny.

It was one of my better ideas, every time my phone pinged and another caption had been added i got an instant bit of laughter and a lot of them too. They say laughter lifts your mood, it's true!!

Karen also posted a couple of photos of him with a little ditty similar to the ones my Brother read at Mick's funeral (funny thing is Karen fessed up later in the day that she got Jed to compose it for her!!)

I think laughter, fun and lots of love helped us both no end

so thankyou, thankyou all you lovely people, your friendship and kindness has been invaluable.

Next stop for me is my house move in a few days time then MOTS and then France, with my awesome brother and his fabulous wife. The annual cycling, foodie and birdie holiday which also involves wine (quite a lot of wine!!)

xxxxxx

Mo