I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

VIT D3 (continued)

User
Posted 05 Jul 2014 at 20:05

In view of the fact that too many doctors never warn about a possible major side effect, osteoporis, when taking Zoladex, this post is a continuation of the topic started on the old forums many years ago:

Click here: VITAMIN D3

User
Posted 13 Dec 2014 at 11:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KzZafNhKso
Dr. Bruce Hollis - Vitamin D, Prostate Cancer and Health Disparities
Allow 50 minutes to watch this lecture.

User
Posted 13 Dec 2014 at 11:16

Thanks for that Edward.

It's great to see a post from you again.

In the early days (2005 - 2008) you gave me a lot of useful information on this issue we are both passionate about.

To this day I take 5000i.u,of Vit D3 daily and it's done me nothing but good.

All the very best,

George

User
Posted 13 Dec 2014 at 11:37

Hello George,

I took 5000IU daily for about 2 years, and then had a blood test privately - cost of £25, where I took 4 blood spots and sent them off for analysis. The result came back as 161nMol/L. Normal is anywhere between 50 and 220, so I figured I was on the right track, but I did cut back to 2000IU in the summer, as I love being in the sun... back on 5000IU now though!  No bone issues, so all is well. I also drink enough soya drink to ensure I have my daily dose of Calcium!

I do agree that the Osteoporosis risk should be pointed out, but also the fact that if one has kidney problems, you should not supplement Vitamin D3 without medical supervision.

Cheers!

Peter

User
Posted 13 Dec 2014 at 11:50

Hi Peter,

Yes, it's certainly has done you good too. Your result was excellent.
I remember mine was a shocking 25 before I started and it's now approx 130.

I'm glad you pointed out the medical advice. It's vital to ensure you have no underlying problems such as kidney trouble before starting the D3 regime.

Hey, I do hope you and Dianne with be joining us at the Leicester party next June.
It seems years since last I saw you, but it's probably only 18 months. : )

All the best,

George