Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
<12

Newark get together

User
Posted 08 Feb 2015 at 11:02

Looking at the pics on FB you all certainly look like you had the best time, and my what a handsome bunch you all are.

Proud to know you GUYS. X

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 08 Feb 2015 at 11:51

Hi really nice to meet you all yesterday,and a special thanks to Mandy for getting us together, look forward to next time take care all Andy

User
Posted 08 Feb 2015 at 13:53
Mo

Thanks for a lovely day, it was great to meet you all in the flesh, hope to see you all again soon.

Thanks Chris and Dawn

User
Posted 08 Feb 2015 at 18:26
I think that a good time was had by all, we decided that the Ram pub was a NO and ended up back at the Moorings having seen Chris and Shirley safely on their way.I confess I had a bit of a thick head this morning but walked it off on a 2 hour trek around the historic buildings in Newark.

Lovely to see everyone,I was seriously spoiled with a great Sunday roast cooked by Si. His Yorkshire pudding is better than my Nan's were and that is saying something.

A bientot

Xx

Mo

User
Posted 09 Feb 2015 at 09:21

A lovely day and really nice to meet up with others off the forum.  A good time and some humour despite the circumstances of our coming together. Big thank you to Mo for arranging it all and for getting everyone and everything together so well.

The Ram looked nice but a "kids bar" really. SO Noisy!! LOL. The Moorings Evening session in the evening was good, nice comfy sofas and chairs, apart from Si, who was perched up on high on a stool.

Just wanted to add some comments and my thoughts of the weekend.

Considering what us men have in common, various bits in generally the same area, we all seem to have different responses to treatments and the disease.  What a pizza, how can anyone formulate a plan to effectively deal with something so random and unpredictable?

I would like to think that I gave a good account of myself when drinking with Si on Saturday afternoon, but I would be kidding no one else but myself.  You win again, 2 - 0 so far to you, looking forward to making it the best of 5.  I will be ready for you next year young man.

And I will have more games and my Apple ID password sorted so that the twins can play more effectively on my I - phone.  Or maybe I will have one go them I - phone pads or pills, or capsules or tablets?  Derr, whatever.

The food at the Moorings was excellent even though the lass taking the order had a face like a plank at the gag that was cracked?  For those that missed it, I said "I would like a Bacon and Cheese Burger please".  She replied "we don't have any bacon".  "No problem was my reply, hold the bacon".   Her reply was a quizzical look and a silent but mouthed "Uh". So I had to explain  to her what "Hold the bacon" meant.  And at that a voice from my right pipes up "And he don't want it on slate, he wants it on a plate".  Thank you Mo.  A request in poetry.  ;-)  I did forget to add that.  

The food was good, full marks to the chef.  Hot cheesy burger and a small galvanised pail of chips.  At least they weren't arranged like a Jenga Tower!

So good to meet and chat with among others Mr and Mrs Exbus, now their's is a story of survival, and buses, the two of them having been through the C wars several times over.  Buses?  They met on a bus.  Exbus does look a bit like a young Reg Varney.   Mrs Exbus does NOT look like Olive!

Chris and Dawn, lovely to meet and chat with you both.  Dawn - you are just so lovely, a real star. X  Chris you are a very fortunate man, okay, not so fortunate to get PCa but the journey you are going through will be so much more bearable  and manageable with Dawn at your side.  If you could bottle her attitude and sell it!!!!

Nice to meet up and see a face for TeddyEdward, although we did not get a chance to talk much as I was on the there table.  Hopefully that can be put right later on at the next gig?  

Paul, YorkHull, really good to chat with you, and others later on, especially at "Session - the 2nd" at the Moorings.  I learned from you and Si and I now can begin to understand.  Thank you.

NikonSteve, doesn't do casual snaps.  PMSL.  After we had had a couple of snaps taken, NS stepped in.  OMG!   We were given instructions on where to stand, how to pose, when to lick our lips, when and how to lick someone else lips with or worth out there consent, such an art form, how to pout for the group photograph, well it was nearly tomorrow!  Where did he get all those outfits for our costume changes from?  Nice to meet Steve and have a brief chat with him, consisting mostly of how much airbrushing my face and head would need to make me look moderately normal in any photo.  Such a bit sshh err.  

Is there any where to get a view of the snaps without having to go to "Faecalbook" AKA Facebook?  My X lives on there 24/7 and I loathe it with a hatred borne from exasperation and loathing and hatred, so tend not to frequent the vile site.

If I did not meet someone who was at Newark on Saturday, count yourself lucky.  I will getcha next time!!!!

atb

dave

Edited by member 09 Feb 2015 at 22:40  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 10 Feb 2015 at 23:28

Dave,

Thank you, I did feel a bit left out because I wasn't able to make it but with the pics on the dreaded FB (none that you posted) and your absolutely brilliant description on who was wearing what and who said what and of course how many Tizer's Si drunk. You seriously didn't think that you could out Tizer him did you.http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif I feel like I was there. Brilliant.

I did have a sneaky feeling that NS was going to be a bit bossy with the photo's (you know what these professional photographers are like) .http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif

The chips and burgers sound Yummy, didn't any one invite Jane Plant.

I wouldn't want you to think that I go on FB but is that you sitting down holding your phone ?

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 11 Feb 2015 at 14:24

Dave, good post. Great to see so many of you, and yes, we all have our stories to tell, and, picking up on one of Lyn's comments on another thread, I didn't realise that there are 27 different PCa's, and there are thousands of ways we cope, each and every one of us are different, together with differing treatments, which is why these social gatherings bring so much pleasure as we compare notes. Long may they continue.

Bazza, you said about a meet - up nearer you, well why don't you organise one!

Cheers Chris.

PS. I'm guilty of FB, for the Ladies group.

PPS. just up-dated profile, PSA now 0.3 and Testosterone 2.7

Edited by member 11 Feb 2015 at 17:34  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 11 Feb 2015 at 14:43
Julie my SS

Jane Plant would have had a heart attack ..way too much beer, wine, carbs, protein and dairy .. I did have salad with my food and have been to the gym every day since including a full boxercise class and my normal workout today...honest.

As for FB I was a late starter and tend to be a bit of a voyeur rather than a prolific poster, probably the least likely place to find me at any one given time.

Steve sent a load of photos to me so I will forward some out to you. I pre warn you Dave has mentioned the air brushing to refine them ... in the words of the mighty Yin xxck that I need a 2" paintbrush maybe in a few more months of self denial and excrutiating flagellation by gym I might become a tiny bit more photogenic!

You have seen Paul's (photos) and I think Chris also took some at various points throughout the day.

Dave has done a great recall of the day so next time you better be there with us so you can do your take on a Newark get together.

xx

Mo

User
Posted 11 Feb 2015 at 20:36

I haven't seen any snaps yet. Although, I was accused of Ness growing a set of "Ears", can't think how that could have happened!!!! ;-)

No one saw me do it, so you can't prove it, as Bart Simpson would say.

dave

User
Posted 11 Feb 2015 at 20:54

Have had an offer of snaps! Have taken up that offer.

d

User
Posted 11 Mar 2015 at 11:07

'Steve The Snapper' kindly sent me the Newark photos, and they're now in the Newark Gang album on B2PCa

You look great guys (and girls!).http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif

Here's the link to the album:

THE NEWARK GANG

Edited by member 11 Mar 2015 at 11:09  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 01 Jun 2015 at 20:06
I must get im the habit of coming on here more although I really cannot get on with mew site.

I missed this do ... and I only live in Lowdham.

Gary.

User
Posted 01 Jun 2015 at 20:38
Gary we have had a few get togethers but all very informal

not sure when we will do another especially with MOTS just a few weeks away.

xx

Mo

User
Posted 13 Jun 2015 at 08:17

does anyone have any meet ups planned

nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 13 Jun 2015 at 10:55

We have Leicester next weekend -a couple of people have dropped out so George might be able to fit you in. Leicester is our biggest get together; some of us stay over to get more social time together and the main event is Saturday afternoon which includes a buffet and a talk from Siness's oncologist.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 13 Jun 2015 at 11:12

Hi Nidge,

Lyn's right. There are only two places left for the afternoon function.
You'd be made very welcome.

If you email me direct, a.s.a.p., I can give you more details. I'd need to know by Monday 15th June.

georgehardy51@msn.com

User
Posted 13 Jun 2015 at 13:00

Well worth going Nidge...We've had to.pull out which is a shame but Defo there next year

Bri

User
Posted 13 Jun 2015 at 13:16

Oh no!!!!! Why Bri?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 13 Jun 2015 at 13:27

Hey Lyn,

You're definitely reading Chris Boothby's 'Naughty Verses', and I've been in touch with 'The Laureate' himself, asking him to try to achieve the impossible:

HAVE YOU BLUSHING as you read them!http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

User
Posted 13 Jun 2015 at 14:51
Nidge

Come to Leicester and have a laugh with the crazy gang .

We will do a Newark thing towards the end of summer as well. Yet to be arranged so keep an eye out for it on here.

Xx

Mo

User
Posted 13 Jun 2015 at 16:27

got a 10k road race at owston ferry next weekend, and taking other runners with me

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 13 Jun 2015 at 18:25

Impossible George

User
Posted 13 Jun 2015 at 20:02

Haha. ..go on Lyn..you should read the verse and put your own spin on it.

We are on hol just after MOS which wasn't a problem but something has cropped up with family that has to be dealt with. Really disappointed as we were both so looking forward to it.

I also have a burning question for Jamie...

Have a brill time all

George hope we can book a room for next year

Bri

User
Posted 17 Jun 2015 at 11:31

Bri,

No problems there.

I have already booked Sat 18th June 2016 at The Mill, and once again have all 25 rooms to allocate.

We'll start taking names in January 2016

George