Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
<123

Good Luck, Kevin (irun)!

User
Posted 13 Aug 2015 at 20:35
Bri asked about my diet as doc thought this was one of the many things that has to date helped me. Nothing special and I am sure some things make no difference other than me feeling I am doing something.

Firstly, I gave not cut our anything totally however when I can control it ( ie when at home) I have pretty much cut out:-

Dairy

Red meat

Processed food

Sugar

Cooking oil, when I do it's now rapeseed oil

I am taking :-

Elactive active

Pomi-t

Vitamin d whenever not a sunny day

Baby aspirin

I have started consuming:-

Pommegranate juice

Walnuts

Prunes

Blackberrys

Green tea

Soya milk

Celery

And increased intake of

Broccoli

Greens in general

Lentils

Oily fish

When I do go out I eat what I want although that tends to be healthier now.

Like I said, no idea if the above really makes a difference but it makes me feel good, I have also lost about 6 kg by reducing carbs as I want to get to a lower weight for my race next year.

Hope that helps

Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 13 Aug 2015 at 21:16

Now if you could just build in some cooked tomatoes each day, I would say you are bang on for a prostate-healthy diet :-)

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 23 Aug 2015 at 20:47

Hi Kev,

Really pleased with your recent good results.  Sorry I've not posted before now, it's been difficult.

I'm sure your diet, fitness and determination works to your advantage.  You are a great inspiration to everyone on this site.

I hope your training goes really well and you achieve your goal.  I'm sure you will and everyone on here will be with you in spirit, willing you on to the finish.

Sorry we didn't get more chance to talk about your running at MOTS.  It would be nice to think that sometime in the future, we would have chance to talk again.  I hope so.

Take care.

Steve 

User
Posted 24 Aug 2015 at 22:18
Helpful list of foods on this post Irun, easy to fall off track after a while, so this has given me and my OH the boost we needed to get back on it!

All the best with your treatment.

Alison

User
Posted 30 Aug 2015 at 09:16

I know Im late posting Kev, but really well done, you have been a inspiration to me from my very first post.

All the very best.

By the way what Pommegranate juice do you buy ?

User
Posted 30 Aug 2015 at 15:36
I used to buy Pom but then through occado I discovered elite pommegranate juice, not cheap at about £4-50 a bottle that lasts for 5 days however it appears to be on special offer every couple of months at half price so I tend to buy 12 bottles a time as its shelf life is over a year and only needs the fridge after its opened. Hope that helps.

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019