I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

A BIT LOST

User
Posted 29 Apr 2015 at 06:38

I feel a bit lost, HT stopped about a year ago had update Dec 14 at hospital PSA undetectable now have blood test at doctors on May 14th to see how its all going. I have aggressive PC and wondered is this normal the waiting game can it stay stable after radiotherapy and 3 years on Zoladex

S**T HAPPENS  

User
Posted 29 Apr 2015 at 11:02

Undetectable is a very good starting point. In time your testosterone will increase which might push PSA up. You may well come across some saying PSA should never rise against those who say healthy cells will recover and from that produce some PSA. You take your pick on which you go with. As my profile shows my PSA drifts around a bit but as yet not past the return to treatment point.

Good luck

Ray

User
Posted 30 Apr 2015 at 02:26

For some in a similar situation to you PSA readings can be reasonably stable post HT. It rather depends on whether the HT which has now been stopped has been keeping PSA figures low and how effective RT was. It is indeed a long waiting game with a need for regular PSA tests and  sometimes other tests to monitor significant changes.

Edited by member 30 Apr 2015 at 02:26  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
User
Posted 01 May 2015 at 07:19

Cheers for that, I guess just wait I will know more at the end of the month as blood test on 14th of may 60th birthday on the 12th May, so far so good.

S**T HAPPENS

User
Posted 23 May 2015 at 21:56

Well had 60th Birthday in Barcelona with good friends and had update on cancer on the 14th may and results were undetectable so happy days hope this keeps up

S**T HAPPENS

User
Posted 24 May 2015 at 08:51

Glad you had good holiday and congratulations on your Birthday and those wonderful results.

Long may they continue (well the birthdays will!) and hopefully so will undetectable PSA .

Best Wishes
Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 24 May 2015 at 13:30
It is great to read your news and thread as I am still being " maintained" by HT but know like has happened to you it will stop working one day. Well done you and thanks for the reassurance that things can carry on.

Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019