I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Chris J's Journey

User
Posted 15 Feb 2023 at 12:32

I love good news. Brilliant,so pleased for you. David was also diagnosed 8 yrs ago. He is now stage 4  his last PSA was <0.1 next test Monday so we are bit jittery. He’s a little older than you are 72, but fit healthy and has lots of plans. 
Enjoy your summer on the farm. 

Leila 

User
Posted 15 Feb 2023 at 12:56

Fabulous news Chris. Extremely pleased for you and yours. Good to see you are back on the farm too. 

Ido4

User
Posted 15 Feb 2023 at 13:23

So pleased for you Chris, I’ve been following your journey closely and its always nice to hear good news.

All the best,
Derek

User
Posted 15 Feb 2023 at 13:35
Excellent news Chis. So pleased for you

Bri

User
Posted 15 Feb 2023 at 16:18
Top news Chris, really chuffed for you!! Long may it continue!!

Pablo

User
Posted 15 Feb 2023 at 16:18
Top news Chris, really chuffed for you!! Long may it continue!!

Pablo

User
Posted 15 Feb 2023 at 16:54

CJ, great news, keep going.Thanks for all your help and support over the years.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 15 Feb 2023 at 18:23
Very happy to see this, CJ xxx
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 15 Feb 2023 at 19:37
Great news, PSA still falling, you can't get better than that.

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 15 Feb 2023 at 19:38
Great news, PSA still falling, you can't get better than that.

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 18 Feb 2023 at 00:27

Fantastic news. So pleased for you Chris. No one deserves this more than you.  Amazing!

User
Posted 18 Feb 2023 at 14:15

You’re amazing Chris, keep making the most of life as you are doing.  Enjoy the farm life and the holidays in between!

Ange x

User
Posted 18 Feb 2023 at 14:18
Excellent news, Chris. Really pleased for you!

Chris

User
Posted 19 Feb 2023 at 23:07
That brought a smile to my face, Chris
User
Posted 20 Feb 2023 at 05:48

"Great news, PSA still falling, you can't get better than that."

YES, indeed.

Cheers.

User
Posted 24 Feb 2023 at 10:10

Wonderful news 👍🏼
Best wishes.

User
Posted 13 Jun 2023 at 20:19
I guess many don’t follow my story any more because I’m becoming something of an old-timer albeit 56 last week.

In two days it is 8 yrs since surgery where I was found to be G9T4N1. The last 2 1/2 yrs I have been on castrate ADT because of bone and further lymph spread.

Feeling truly blessed today as had 4 monthly blood test at 09.40 and result back on my phone at 17.00 hrs.

Psa has further reduced from 0.42 to 0.36. My psa was over 1000 at delayed start of Decapeptyl and after 3 rounds of palliative RT to spine and ribs.

So celebrations in CJ’s household tonight.

Best wishes as ever to all on this journey. Have hope for the future and be kind to yourselves ok xx

User
Posted 13 Jun 2023 at 20:58

CJ ,if you are an old timer what does that make me.Hopefully the old times and antiques like me give hope to newcomers. Good news on the reduction of PSA. You have been an inspiration to many of us on here, thanks for the advice over the years. 

Take care, thanks Chris.

User
Posted 13 Jun 2023 at 22:05
Great news Chris. You've done it your way and stuck with your feelings and it turned out to be right for you.

Long may it continue

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 13 Jun 2023 at 22:10
That's fantastic news CJ - lots of love to you xxx
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 13 Jun 2023 at 23:58
Great stuff...
User
Posted 14 Jun 2023 at 00:38

That is a great result.

Dave

User
Posted 14 Jun 2023 at 05:46

Fantastic news long may it continue gaz 👍

User
Posted 14 Jun 2023 at 08:21

That is brilliant news long May it continue 

Ann

User
Posted 14 Jun 2023 at 08:49

Brilliant news, so pleased for you and your family. Enjoy the celebrations, we will raise a glass for you.  Love to you and your family. 🍷🥃🍸

User
Posted 14 Jun 2023 at 14:36
Great news Chris

Arthur

User
Posted 14 Jun 2023 at 15:14
Love this CJ, just brilliant news and well deserves celebrating. Best wishes x
User
Posted 14 Jun 2023 at 17:23

That is fantastic news Chris, so pleased for you. I still follow your story. My surgery was 23/7/2015 so fast approaching 8 years too.

All the best. 

Ido4

User
Posted 14 Jun 2023 at 17:27

Great to hear Chris. Long may it continue. So pleased for you and the family. 

I think you need to relax a bit now your PSA is still falling. Easy to say I know… 🤣

As my counsellor used to say ‘ you need to be kinder to yourself’.

I must admit to feeling like an old timer on here as well. It’s a shame there are so many new members on the forum. One day hopefully , when they get it cracked, we’ll see less and less … 

Chin up Buddy , you’ve always been an inspiration to us . 

Phil

User
Posted 15 Jun 2023 at 16:31

Super chuffed at reading that CJ. To you and your family 🍻

Jamie.

User
Posted 15 Jun 2023 at 21:24

Good news for you, is good for everyone (here), Long may it continue.

Best wishes to you and family

User
Posted 15 Jun 2023 at 22:51

Good to hear - hope it keeps going that way.

User
Posted 16 Jun 2023 at 07:13

We’ll done Chris, so pleased for you and your family.

Onwards and ‘downwards’😊

User
Posted 20 Jun 2023 at 19:13
This is great news, Chris. Delighted for you! Long may it continue.

All the best,

Chris

User
Posted 21 Jun 2023 at 10:21

Always follow your journey Chris…. So pleased to hear your fantastic news. 

Ange x

User
Posted 21 Jun 2023 at 23:30
Great to hear Chris from another old timer

Bri

User
Posted 21 Jun 2023 at 23:30
Great to hear Chris from another old timer

Bri

User
Posted 27 Jun 2023 at 11:14

Chris, you've given so much hope over the years. Glad to hear your good news.

User
Posted 26 Sep 2023 at 10:11
Having a bit of a wibbly today folks. A week away from my 4 monthly psa test showing if my incurable HT is still working. It’s made it down from over 1000 to 0.3 over nearly 3 yrs and I’m just expecting it to turn this time. I’m over 8 yrs in the G9T4 club and am beginning to lose faith if I’m honest. Very scared for the future and what to decide. I guess I should feel lucky but I feel sad. Model plane flying is now a passion after a year as is fishing with my young son , and the family is all seeming balanced nicely. Just all seems so unfair this at 56 yrs old and 8 yrs fighting it. Anyway sorry to rant. I’m feeling down

Best wishes to all x

User
Posted 26 Sep 2023 at 11:02

Hi Chris, understand completely how you’re feeling, but there’s no reason to suppose your HT is stopping working. Try not to think of the negatives.
I know I shouldn’t be preaching as I’m the same. Had a bad day yesterday myself, took some Kalms and tried to keep busy. But I’d forgotten to take my Mirtazapine and Tadalafil 5mg. So I took 2 Tadalafil last night - bloody hell , I was up half the night with a full on woody… shame the missus isn’t interested 🤷🏼‍♂️. I suppose that won’t last when my Consultant eventually gets my T under control. 

It isn’t fair , any of this but it’s the cards we’ve been given. So gotta try to bluff your way through. The flying and fishing with your son must be magic. I wish now I’d done more with the kids but what’s done is done.
Try to enjoy every day - it’s not easy but it’s a kind of conscious thing that if you do it every day it gets easier, almost like a habit. 

You know where I am Chris if you want vent privately 👍. 

Hope you get your Mojo back soon.

Take care

Phil

User
Posted 26 Sep 2023 at 11:43
Chris, although I'm in a completely different situation to you, I totally understand where you're coming from. I'm four and a half years since treatment, and each six monthly test seems to get more and more stressful. It's horrible. All you can do is take it a day at a time. You know you've got friends here if you need to talk.

Very best,

Chris

User
Posted 26 Sep 2023 at 11:56

You’ve got this Chris. You’re a fighter and that’s what you do….you have been through so much already and none of it is fair. There’s no reason why everything won’t be just fine on your next test either though. Keep being positive and strong and enjoying the best times with your son and family and enjoying your hobbies. You are allowed your down days too though….just make tomorrow a better one 🤞🏼

Take care x

User
Posted 26 Sep 2023 at 13:21

Hope you feel more positive tomorrow Chris, you’ve been absolutely amazing with all you’ve been through.  Everything crossed for you for your next test.

Angex

User
Posted 26 Sep 2023 at 14:24
Part of me is surprised you still put yourself through the PSA test. I assume you are only still having it so you know when to start Enzo? Or maybe Daralutimide?

Perhaps consider up front (well 2 years in!) Enzo and then stop having PSAs!

User
Posted 26 Sep 2023 at 20:19

Ahhh Chris, eight years is hard, and no matter how much you tell yourself not to worry, or worry less… how can we. David’s pretty much the same ,he pretends not to worry. I try to be calm, and pretend not to worry, inside I’m churning up. He’s me man. 
I don’t have any advice, or suggestions. David’s is eight years on too, with Gleason 9 now stage four. 
Somehow we pretend to carry on as normal, keep up the charade keep a smile on. 
 Fly your planes keep you lines tight, you will be in out thoughts. 

David sings and plays every day, it’s his passion and  his displacement activity. 

I am fortunate enough to be serenaded in out kitchen.

Leila 

User
Posted 26 Sep 2023 at 21:51

Chris J,

You have given so much to others with your honesty over the years.  Please take good care of yourself now when you need to take stock of your situation.  It's no good me telling you not to worry (about the PSA test or anything else).  If you can distract yourself with playing with your lad, that might help.  Hopefully, you'll have the test and it will be a satisfactory result.  And then you can relax a little - until the next time :-(.     It never goes away, does it?

Best wishes always,

JedSee.

User
Posted 26 Sep 2023 at 23:43

CJ, I have now found the waiting game to be a little tedious, I still don't worry about the outcome. I hope your treatment continues to keep things under control.

I have a couple of hobbies owning remote controlled aircraft , not flown mine for years. I am now into kite flying I was hoping to fly tomorrow, but being right in the path of Agnes more likely to see the caravan awning flying tomorrow.

Take care and keep going. 

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 27 Sep 2023 at 16:56

Chris, I've just read your post from yesterday and I'm feeling a bit embarrassed about my rant over something so insignificant. I've had this for 4 years now and, apart from the lack of energy, most of the time I've felt fairly OK. The main problems have been temporary side effects from the various drugs.

My cancer matastasised into my pelvis and the base of my spine but the drugs seem to have so far largely stopped it. It never eached my lymph nodes which is a blessing.

Must be really hard dealing with this when you are relatively young.

Hope everything goes well next week. I'll be thinking of you.

User
Posted 27 Sep 2023 at 20:27

Not gonna offer any advice that you no doubt would be grateful and appreciative of.....

But CJ?

Youre one of my personal favourites on here.

Love and thoughts brother. Love and thoughts.

Jamie.

User
Posted 14 Oct 2023 at 07:08
So guys , nearly 3 yrs on Decapeptyl and this is the first result that hasn’t gone down. My psa reading was 0.37 from 0.36 four months ago. Small potatoes hey but it looks like I’ve hit my nadir now. It’s either gonna start rising soon or hopefully stay around that point for a good while. Not disappointed but at the same time worried slightly as it seems another turn in my journey. Keep well everyone