Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

My grandfather - 06/02/1935 - 10/03/2015

User
Posted 09 Jan 2016 at 22:10

Hello guys,

My name is Daniel. I am 26 and last year, I lost my grandfather to Prostate Cancer on the 10th March 2015. After losing him, I decided to take  action against the disease by supporting Prostate Cancer UK. I did my first fundraising event by holding a cake sale and a coffee morning in October last year.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Daniel Sadie.

User
Posted 10 Jan 2016 at 11:51

Hi Daniel, sorry to hear of your loss last year and think that you have got a wonderful frame of mind to want to help PC generally.

Welcome to this forum, it is here to give help and support to those affected by PCa where it can. There are people on here that will suggest ways of helping further and help with ideas, I am sure, all forms of fundraising will ultimately help with research and hopefully allow those that have the worst forms of PCa to get better types of treatment and give longer quality of life.

Have you tried contacting your local PCa support group as there will be some organised fundraising events already planned and they will help you in yours as well.

Well done for taking positive steps to help others.

Keep posting on here to update us on your progress.

Best wishes, Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 10 Jan 2016 at 12:03

Utmost respect to you Daniel , especially at the age of 26 , to be giving your time to this cause.
Chris

User
Posted 10 Jan 2016 at 13:25

Well done Daniel for thinking of others. Your granddad would be very proud I'm sure.

Fund raising is so important in the fight against this disease and every little helps.

Don't wear yourself out though.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 10 Jan 2016 at 14:01

Hi Daniel, well done indeed!

You will doubtless be aware that the risk of getting PCa is increased if there is PCa or Breast Cancer in the family so perhaps a mention to your father about getting his PSA checked at an appropriate time as well as you in years ahead should be considered.

Barry