Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Good Luck, Kevin, Go For It!

User
Posted 29 Mar 2016 at 00:46
Hi,

I just wanted to remind everyone (and newcomers who may not know of his previous exploits) that our very own Kevin (iRun) is about to face his greatest challenge (in addition to his fight against PCa).

In April he is due to take part in the World's toughest race, the Marathon Des Sables to raise money for Prostate Cancer UK. This involves running the equivalent of five and a half marathons in 5/6 days across the Desert in temperatures up to 50 degrees C. a fantastic achievement for anyone without health problems, but Kevin (as many of you know) has incurable PCa.

I think we should all make a special effort to support Kevin as he faces his ultimate challenge.

Kevin has a Just Giving Page: www.justgiving.com/Kevin-Webber4 Lets help Kevin reach his fundraising target!

If anyone wants to find out what Kevin faces: https://www.facebook.com/MarathonDesSables/videos/1239955846017013/

Good Luck, Kev!

Steve

Edited by member 29 Mar 2016 at 17:20  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 29 Mar 2016 at 00:46
Hi,

I just wanted to remind everyone (and newcomers who may not know of his previous exploits) that our very own Kevin (iRun) is about to face his greatest challenge (in addition to his fight against PCa).

In April he is due to take part in the World's toughest race, the Marathon Des Sables to raise money for Prostate Cancer UK. This involves running the equivalent of five and a half marathons in 5/6 days across the Desert in temperatures up to 50 degrees C. a fantastic achievement for anyone without health problems, but Kevin (as many of you know) has incurable PCa.

I think we should all make a special effort to support Kevin as he faces his ultimate challenge.

Kevin has a Just Giving Page: www.justgiving.com/Kevin-Webber4 Lets help Kevin reach his fundraising target!

If anyone wants to find out what Kevin faces: https://www.facebook.com/MarathonDesSables/videos/1239955846017013/

Good Luck, Kev!

Steve

Edited by member 29 Mar 2016 at 17:20  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 29 Mar 2016 at 17:59

Good luck Kevin

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 29 Mar 2016 at 18:45

Yes indeed Kevin, very good luck with the run. I get out of puff walking quickly up to my car from my house, puts me well and truly to shame

Cheers Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Hi

Good luck to you Kevin and thanks to Steve to posting the info.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 29 Mar 2016 at 19:13
Kevin ,

Best of luck in your travels . Wishing you well.

John

User
Posted 29 Mar 2016 at 19:22

Über respect Kevin. Very best wishes for your attempt.
Chris

User
Posted 29 Mar 2016 at 19:34
Good luck Kevin!..

User
Posted 29 Mar 2016 at 19:49
Good luck Kevin - keep fit and well
User
Posted 30 Mar 2016 at 23:05

Good luck to you Irun, you are doing an amazing thing xxx

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 30 Mar 2016 at 23:24

Hi Kevin,

Well Done, what a great way of getting a bit more mileage in, even if you were walking. 

Sounds as if you had a really interesting day, meeting all those players.  I wish I could have joined in too, but I think I would have struggled.

Make sure you get plenty of rest in the next 10 days as well as exercise.

Take Care.

Steve

User
Posted 31 Mar 2016 at 10:35

Just amazing! Good luck.

Max

"You can only play the hand you're dealt"

User
Posted 31 Mar 2016 at 12:18

Hi Kev

What an amazing adventure waiting to unfold!

All best wishes.

User
Posted 31 Mar 2016 at 13:41
Kevin

Thank you for the great example you are and the positive attitude you demonstrate despite the PCa challenges you face.

Wishing you all the best!

User
Posted 31 Mar 2016 at 15:55

Look forward to having a pint and listening to your war stories when you return.

Good luck.

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User

Look forward to having a pint and listening to your war stories when you return.

Good luck.

dave

I am the statistic.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 29 Mar 2016 at 17:59

Good luck Kevin

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User

Yes indeed Kevin, very good luck with the run. I get out of puff walking quickly up to my car from my house, puts me well and truly to shame

Cheers Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Hi

Good luck to you Kevin and thanks to Steve to posting the info.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 29 Mar 2016 at 19:13
Kevin ,

Best of luck in your travels . Wishing you well.

John

User
Posted 29 Mar 2016 at 19:22

Über respect Kevin. Very best wishes for your attempt.
Chris

User
Posted 29 Mar 2016 at 19:34
Good luck Kevin!..

User
Posted 29 Mar 2016 at 19:49
Good luck Kevin - keep fit and well
User
Posted 30 Mar 2016 at 22:44
Thank you all for your good wishes. Today as my last warm up I walked with Jeff Stelling ( sky sports football show host) 26.2 miles from Wimbledon to Wembley. What a great day, all to raise funds for prostate cancer whose website here we all enjoy not to mention all the other great things they do. Along the walk I spoke at length with football legends such as Matt le tissier, Les Ferdinand, mark bright, Denis wise, Gareth aimsworth to mention just a few. They had all given their time to help our cause. When we got to Wembley they confirmed we had raised over £300,000!

Am home now with a massive smile, still buzzing and just 10 days to go to my big desert challenge.

I will post a link here later for people to track me running accross the Sahara if you feel the need, you can also use that site to email me any encouragement ( or abuse!!!) that will get printed off and handed to me each day.

Thanks again for all your support, I hope many sufferers of this terrible disease use me as evidence that even if you are metastatic you can still do so much.

Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 30 Mar 2016 at 23:05

Good luck to you Irun, you are doing an amazing thing xxx

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 30 Mar 2016 at 23:24

Hi Kevin,

Well Done, what a great way of getting a bit more mileage in, even if you were walking. 

Sounds as if you had a really interesting day, meeting all those players.  I wish I could have joined in too, but I think I would have struggled.

Make sure you get plenty of rest in the next 10 days as well as exercise.

Take Care.

Steve

User
Posted 31 Mar 2016 at 10:35

Just amazing! Good luck.

Max

"You can only play the hand you're dealt"

User
Posted 31 Mar 2016 at 12:18

Hi Kev

What an amazing adventure waiting to unfold!

All best wishes.

User
Posted 31 Mar 2016 at 13:41
Kevin

Thank you for the great example you are and the positive attitude you demonstrate despite the PCa challenges you face.

Wishing you all the best!

User

Good luck.

dave

I am the statistic.

User

Good luck.

dave

I am the statistic.