I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Radiotherapy Day 4

User
Posted 27 Aug 2016 at 12:14
Day four arrived yesterday and still felt tired from the previous days treatment.

As usual the session went very smoothly and for once I got the bowel/bladder just right without being told off for not drinking enough water.

Water is not my favorite tipple and having to drink at least 2 litres a day is extremely difficult but needs must so I persevere.

It is VERY important to drink loads of water to keep fully hydrated as this helps reduce the risk of possible side effects.

Don't feel so tired today as yesterday so perhaps I am now getting used to the treatment (Hopefully).

Got a day off this Monday as it's bank holiday....yippee...!!!!! 😊😊

Hope everyone who is going through treatment is getting on ok and you all have a nice bank holiday.

User
Posted 27 Aug 2016 at 13:42
Hi Andrew...

I have been told to cut out coffee completely and cut down on tea as they are both Diuretics, and also not to drink fizzy drinks, including fizzy water.

I do use squash as well as water but not to keen on it.

Strange how each Oncologist has their own list of 'do's and donts' you would have thought that with each type of treatment the diet and liquid type and volume would be, if not the same very simular.

I take a litre bottle of water everywhere with me, but when I go for treatment they tell me to make sure I empty my bladder and then drink 350ml of water 40 minutes before the start of RT to ensure the bladder is in the correct position.

This differs from what I have read from other people having the same treatment..????

Harley