I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

locally advanced pc and alcohol

User
Posted 28 Apr 2017 at 09:00

hi,i finished ht 10 months ago,i have locally advanced pc t3b no mo,will drinking alcohol be ok now that i have finished ht for now anyway,i used to drink on a weekend when on ht thinking the ht was keeping my psa down,now 10 months later without ht will alcohol cause a recurrence,any help please.

User
Posted 28 Apr 2017 at 17:21

Hi Radar, you would have been fine drinking alcohol even while you were on HT so have a beer tonight and enjoy it! The only restriction that has any medical evidence behind it is not to drink alcohol during radiotherapy because it can irritate the bladder.

Have a great weekend.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 28 Apr 2017 at 20:30

thanks,lyn im off out tomorrow.

User
Posted 28 Apr 2017 at 21:37

I'm jealous! I've just discovered beer is no longer my friend, primarily (I suspect) due to my current HT and RT. The fatigue is special the next day!

User
Posted 29 Apr 2017 at 09:26
Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Hi Radar, you would have been fine drinking alcohol even while you were on HT so have a beer tonight and enjoy it! The only restriction that has any medical evidence behind it is not to drink alcohol during radiotherapy because it can irritate the bladder.

Have a great weekend.

The radiologists told me I was ok to have alcohol during RT. So as I always follow a clinicians advice I did. No problems whatsoever 🍻🍻

Bri

User
Posted 29 Apr 2017 at 11:21

Most 'dietary rules' are fiction at worst, shutting the stable door after the cancer has come in at best.

Life is a wonderful thing - but quality of life is perhaps just as important. Life without beer? No thanks!