I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Not abiraterone but enzalutamide instead

User
Posted 15 Jun 2017 at 22:00
Saw oncologist today, having looked at my husband's notes she recommended enzalutamide instead of abiraterone. He had an aortic graft ten years ago and she said that abiraterone would compromise his blood pressure so enzalutamide it is. Not sure whether it's good or bad? Time will tell but at least it doesn't need steroids so no sleepless nights!
User
Posted 16 Jun 2017 at 00:06

Enzo seems to be the better option for lots of men for lots of reasons.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 17 Jun 2017 at 12:10

I'm on enzo rather than abiriterone just 3 weeks in so no results yet. I'm a type 2 diabetic and that was one reason given though also on a low dose steroid dexamethosone for over a year, been really helpful. I think if it works it acts similarly to Abby so hopefully with help me and your hubby. Stay positive

User
Posted 17 Jun 2017 at 14:58

Hi blueytrew

I  was on both Abiraterone and Enzalutamide (stampede trial) in addition to Zoladex. I stopped taking Abiraterone after four months ..it was messing up my liver...but BY FAR the worse part of it was stopping Prednisolone (phazed out over one month)...and it was hell on earth!

I'm still on Enzalutamide (and will be for the next nine months) and Zoladex (and will be for the next two years or so).

Enzalutamide is just fine...blood preassure is fine and I have a monthly blood test to make sure.

regards