I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PSMA scan for PSA of 0.023?

User
Posted 26 Oct 2020 at 16:35

Where indeed?   Your treatment and choices seem as good as it gets with the scans and RT so soon after the op and starting RT at psa 0.02.

Quite a journey,  so a weekend in Grimsby sounds just the tonic.  How great that your daughter is training to be a doctor.

You've been a member 1 month longer than me.   My mind doesn't like to think of how my case is, all I know is, so far so good.

Long may it be for us all,
Regards Peter

User
Posted 13 Dec 2020 at 08:54

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

One other piece of news - I’ve been approved for the penile implant.  Waiting list times will have changed because of Covid 19, but at least I’m approved.  My local hospital doesn’t do the operation, I’ll be off to UCLH, which I’m very happy about.

Thrilled to hear this - and wondering if you have been able to go ahead with the treatment? Maybe I missed your update, sorry if I did. Wishing you well either way. 

User
Posted 13 Dec 2020 at 14:48

Still on the waiting list.  Have a viewing appointment on 8th January to see the devices and choose which one I want.  Don’t know how long after that I’ll have to wait.

User
Posted 13 Dec 2020 at 15:23

Ulsterman best wishes for the wait and the outcome.

User
Posted 13 Dec 2020 at 15:33

Blimey Walter,

4 years.  I remember my initial post to you.

..  I had to look it up.   It was a drop in 'Lions' PSA testing event ? I expect you remember the time and place. I remember it well as my cousin was discussing similar re. his Rotary club connections.

.. I was probably quite negative towards his idea at the time, a little knowledge etc etc.

You have certainly travelled a long way in 4 years, and still a youngster.. 

Take care and here's to 2021..

Gordon

User
Posted 17 Feb 2021 at 10:56

Four and a bit years since my prostatectomy.  Two and a half since salvage radiotherapy.  One and a half since finishing bicalutimide.  Another PSA test result today.   Still less than 0.006.  Another test in 12 months.  

The doctors have done a good job on me.

Penile implant surgery indefinitely delayed owing to Covid - 19.  I’ll keep you all updated.

Thanks for all the support over the years.  Much love to all as we continue this battle.

User
Posted 17 Feb 2021 at 11:08
Good news ulsterman
User
Posted 17 Feb 2021 at 11:10
That's great news on the PSA front Ulsterman - I would be a bit tense about waiting 12 months for the next PSA test, though :-/

Stay well x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 17 Feb 2021 at 11:31

I thought 12 months was pretty standard at this stage.  Even if my PSA started to rise and they found that in say six months’ time, surely it wouldn’t rise that much as to warrant treatment or investigation.  Why are you a bit nervous, Lyn?  I’m puzzled.  Is it about doubling time?

User
Posted 17 Feb 2021 at 14:17
Enjoy the 12 months off! You can't have a better reading than <0.006.

User
Posted 17 Feb 2021 at 16:18

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

I thought 12 months was pretty standard at this stage.  Even if my PSA started to rise and they found that in say six months’ time, surely it wouldn’t rise that much as to warrant treatment or investigation.  Why are you a bit nervous, Lyn?  I’m puzzled.  Is it about doubling time?

I shouldn't have made that comment. I wasn't thinking about your specific situation as much as our own - having been on 3 monthly testing for 11 years and never even been promoted to 6 months, a whole year seems forever! As you rightly say, even if it rose quite sharply between now and your next test, you would still be a long way off from being advised to start any kind of systemic intervention. 

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 17 Feb 2021 at 17:49

Great result 👍🏼

User
Posted 17 Feb 2021 at 20:13

Good to read and pleased for you.

I went to 12 months at 3yrs and, at the time, it seemed a long stretch.   Although in the end I waited easily enough. The Macmillan nurse said she'd tell me the result if I decided to go early.

All the best, Peter

User
Posted 18 Feb 2021 at 03:32

Great news, really pleased for you.
Was good to meet you at a support meeting too, back in the days when that used to be possible!

User
Posted 18 Feb 2021 at 11:48

That is a fantastic result Ulsterman. Great news.

Ido4

User
Posted 03 Feb 2023 at 05:20

I did post separately but thought I should keep this thread up to date.  Another year has passed and I'm still <0.006.

User
Posted 03 Feb 2023 at 08:48

Great news ulsterman 👏👏