I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Big big thank you needed

User
Posted 08 Jan 2018 at 01:43
Don’t really know where to post this topic but recently I have felt the need to thank a lot of the members here on this unfortunate site

For the support, reassurance, advice and damn good knowledge - you help so many scared people it’s unbelievable.

I’m not going to name people but folks who browse the site know who I mean (well I will mention Lynn as she’s rather special) but there are so many. It actually breaks my heart many times to read about lovely scared peoples experiences / I never ever imagined such a fate for myself but that is my karma 😟

I do not know how the rest of my life will pan out, but what I DO know is that the brave souls who are facing uncertain, scary times ahead are deserving of the utmost respect, but most of all, the ones not suffering from cancer who day in, day out help - , well, you all just make my heart cry to itself - I have no other words to describe it

Thank you

User
Posted 08 Jan 2018 at 01:43
Don’t really know where to post this topic but recently I have felt the need to thank a lot of the members here on this unfortunate site

For the support, reassurance, advice and damn good knowledge - you help so many scared people it’s unbelievable.

I’m not going to name people but folks who browse the site know who I mean (well I will mention Lynn as she’s rather special) but there are so many. It actually breaks my heart many times to read about lovely scared peoples experiences / I never ever imagined such a fate for myself but that is my karma 😟

I do not know how the rest of my life will pan out, but what I DO know is that the brave souls who are facing uncertain, scary times ahead are deserving of the utmost respect, but most of all, the ones not suffering from cancer who day in, day out help - , well, you all just make my heart cry to itself - I have no other words to describe it

Thank you

User
Posted 08 Jan 2018 at 18:54

Well said. We all have our own reasons for being here and one of the things that surprises me constantly is the number of lost souls who never post, but who log on and read (devour) everything in the hope that they will find answers / hope / reassurance or whatever.

When I first joined, I was overwhelmed with sadness and a need for knowledge. The three men I loved most in the world all diagnosed with the same cancer, John only 50. I was blessed that we had some exceptional members at the time who gave freely of their time to post updates, read literature reviews, answer questions, issue comfort all while living their own nightmares and in three cases, taking part in risky trials that didn't help them but paved the way for treatments now available to everyone that needs them. We keep their memory alive by giving others the support we received ourselves.

Stay well, everyone xxx

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 08 Jan 2018 at 09:47

Well said KayakBill, all I can add is my personal thanks to all who contribute

Happy New year to all sufferers and supporters too

All the best

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 08 Jan 2018 at 10:18
I totally agree with you Kayaker Bill as the experiences of all who share on the site have helped me prepare for the treatments I have had and so far nothing has taken me by surprise as a result.

Totally indebted to all on the site.

Kevan

User
Posted 08 Jan 2018 at 17:44

Well said Bill

Have you had salvage RT yet (just read your profile)

Bri

User
Posted 08 Jan 2018 at 18:54

Well said. We all have our own reasons for being here and one of the things that surprises me constantly is the number of lost souls who never post, but who log on and read (devour) everything in the hope that they will find answers / hope / reassurance or whatever.

When I first joined, I was overwhelmed with sadness and a need for knowledge. The three men I loved most in the world all diagnosed with the same cancer, John only 50. I was blessed that we had some exceptional members at the time who gave freely of their time to post updates, read literature reviews, answer questions, issue comfort all while living their own nightmares and in three cases, taking part in risky trials that didn't help them but paved the way for treatments now available to everyone that needs them. We keep their memory alive by giving others the support we received ourselves.

Stay well, everyone xxx

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 08 Jan 2018 at 20:02
I totally agree Bill I post very rarely but always access the site daily to follow people's journeys, when I was 1st diagnosed this site was a life saver for me.
User
Posted 08 Jan 2018 at 20:05

Well said Lyn

Bri xx

User
Posted 08 Jan 2018 at 20:27
Can’t agree with you more. Last night I read a whole thread about the journey through Docetaxel. All seemed to be going so well for a while. I was really heartened reading the support offered from so many very knowledgeable people. My husband starts his chemo some time after the 30th. I’m almost rigid with fear today. I’m scared my husbands cancer is spread too far. Without this site I don’t know how I’d cope.
User
Posted 08 Jan 2018 at 20:45
Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Well said Bill

Have you had salvage RT yet (just read your profile)

Bri

Not yet, waiting to hear about it, I just want to get on with it now

User
Posted 08 Jan 2018 at 21:19
I have learned so much from fellow members. Thank you.

Ulsterman

User
Posted 08 Jan 2018 at 22:25
Oh Wow not a lot else I can say at the moment

A because Lyn has said it all

B That is what the forum is all about .

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 09 Jan 2018 at 21:57
I so agree, I don’t post much anymore simply because after seven years I’m very tired of Pca, but this place was a lifeline for me when my husband’ was diagnosed seven years ago. Most of the lovely people I got to know then have gone, some have got better and are now leading their lives free of this cursed disease and others,well you know. It got very hard a couple of years ago when the last of the ones I knew early on left this earth and I personally found it nearly impossible to come here. I got over that because of the ongoing need to pay back the support I have received from people here and the need to support some lovely people who still come here.

And Lyn is still the best, I’m so glad I have been lucky enough to get to know this wonderful lady. Love you Lyn xxxx

Devonmaid xxx