Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
<12

New member looking to support my husband

User
Posted 07 Dec 2020 at 21:42
Good news. Don’t get hung up on what the exact PSA figure is. Mine was 4.6 two months after RT, 2.0 six months later, and bottomed out at 1.4 six months further on. My oncologist said at the start of my treatment that a nadir (minimum value) of 2 or less he’d consider a successful outcome. Your husband still has a prostate and is still producing PSA. What matter is how it changes between tests.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 15 Dec 2020 at 10:12

Just had a telephone consultation with the oncologist team and they are passing my husband's care on to the urologist nurse.  So happy that his recovery is going well and he is on a positive mental path with a possible cure.

Good news at last for Christmas....

Wishing you all a good Christmas 🎄 

User
Posted 15 Dec 2020 at 14:38

Yes, good news indeed!

Enjoy Christmas together.

Angex

User
Posted 15 Dec 2020 at 14:41
Happy Christmas news Moozel!
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 15 Dec 2020 at 19:52

Lovely news Moozel. My husband’s about to complete his 33 fractions of adjuvant RT following his RARP in July 🙏🏼

User
Posted 16 Dec 2020 at 09:33

Good luck Lexi26 I hope he has a good outcome in the New Year!

Enjoy your Christmas together ❤ 

User
Posted 04 Feb 2021 at 15:54

Further update after my hubby had a follow up appointment with the urology nurse...she wanted to do a PSA test so his next one falls in line with his next hormone injection. We received the results today and are overjoyed that his levels have fallen to 0.78 within 4 months of completing radiotherapy treatment 🥳🥳 

We can at last breathe and try and get back to some normality once lockdown ends.

Good luck to everyone that is starting their journey or still fighting the good fight

User
Posted 04 Feb 2021 at 20:27

Good news Moozel :-) 

Dave

User
Posted 04 Feb 2021 at 21:53

That is great news !!