Phil, good luck for tomorrow.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 29 Apr 2024 at 14:07

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Phil, good luck for tomorrow.

Thanks Chris 

Ditto from me Phil.🤞

(Thanks for the reminder Chris, I'm getting a memory like a sieve!)

User
Posted 29 Apr 2024 at 14:41
Thinking of you Phil, get on with them jobs, and enjoy the coffee.
User
Posted 29 Apr 2024 at 14:57

Thank you guys and gals , really appreciate it 👍

Lunch finished , missus back to work , so on with the jobs. 

Phil

User
Posted 30 Apr 2024 at 19:16

Ok so, latest update… Not so good .! PSA up to 10 and T still at 1.2. I think she said something about the PCa possibly Hormone Naive now and some more bone mets showing up. So we are moving onto the Chemo Docetaxel.
Got to stop my Abiraterone straight away but stay on the Dexamethasone and Degarelix injection. They will change the Dexa to Prednisone before the Chemo which is due to start in 3 weeks. 
I am presuming then it will be a 21 day cycle. Hoping I can tolerate it as well as Phil is doing. Might have to pick his brains a bit. Also like to know about the cold cap … 

So not what we wanted to hear , especially about the little bugger being T resistant now. That probably means the Orchidectomy is pointless. 

Had to tell our boys and i can tell they’re both upset. So hard for them , and of course my missus. I don’t know how she keeps it together 🥰. 

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Still loads to do and see… not stopping yet 😎

Take care of yourselves guys. 

Phil

User
Posted 30 Apr 2024 at 20:08

I'm so sorry that the results weren't what we all wanted. Stay strong mate.

User
Posted 30 Apr 2024 at 20:40

Goalhanger,

Sorry to hear this Phil.

Take good care of yourself, and yes, get as much pleasure out of life as you can.

JedSee.

User
Posted 30 Apr 2024 at 20:45

Thinking of you and your family Phil.

Leila 

User
Posted 30 Apr 2024 at 21:26

Sorry to hear that Phil. 

Best wishes mate.

Kev.

User
Posted 01 May 2024 at 06:39
That’s horrible Phil , no useful time at all on the second line AAD,s which sucks tbh. Thinking of you friend 💪
User
Posted 02 May 2024 at 09:36

Starting my chemo 20th May 😬.. 

Very helpful as they’ve already agreed to move my 2nd appointment 2 days later to accommodate a wedding we have in the UK. 
For our August wedding in the US I’ve got the infusion 2 days before flying so I suppose I just need to see how I get on with it. And hope the consultant thinks I’m ok with regard to blood clots. We are flying premium Economy so have a bit more room to move around. 

Phil

User
Posted 02 May 2024 at 11:18

A question : At my last appointment the consultant told me to stop the Abi but continue the Degarelix. I was a bit caught out and didn’t ask what’s the point of continuing with the Degarelix. Anyone any idea why? Is that normal? 
Also after the chemo is finished do you normally come off the Hormone meds completely? 
And the steroid ? 

Thanks

Phil

User
Posted 02 May 2024 at 14:28

My husband has already had chemo and was still on degralix, he is now coming off Bicalutamide and going onto Enzalutamide but he’s still to keep getting the degralix injection.

best wishes 

ann

User
Posted 02 May 2024 at 14:36

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

My husband has already had chemo and was still on degralix, he is now coming off Bicalutamide and going onto Enzalutamide but he’s still to keep getting the degralix injection.

best wishes 

ann

Hi Ann, I presume they are expecting your husband to respond to the Enza whereas my Abi doesn’t seem to be doing anything. 
Wish I could always think of those questions when you’re in there with the consultant. I’ll just wait and see what the chemo nurse says when I speak to her on the 17th. 
Best of luck to your hubby on the enza hope it keeps the horrible beastie away for many years 👍

Phil

User
Posted 02 May 2024 at 17:21

So sorry to hear your latest treatment hasn’t worked Phil, we had everything crossed for good results for you,  Keith had the ‘cold cap’ when he had Docetaxel infusions and kept his full head of hair.  Hope you manage to sort out your holiday insurance for the wedding in the US.

Thinking of you and your family.

Ange x

User
Posted 02 May 2024 at 22:13

Really sorry to hear about your results Phil. I can’t comment I. The treatment but I wish you well for you next treatment and will keep everything crossed for you🤞🤞🤞

Great attitude BTW, live life to the full!

Derek

User
Posted 03 May 2024 at 11:44

Hi Phil,

Thanks for sharing your journey with us, although I'm sorry to hear about the challenges you're facing. It's normal to have questions, especially when dealing with tricky medical stuff. About your question on treating all your lymph nodes,   it's possible that the sheer number or location of the affected nodes may pose challenges for comprehensive treatment. But talking more with your doctor might help clear things up. Good luck !

User
Posted 03 May 2024 at 20:01

Only just seen your post Phil, as I was away all week and not on here much. Really sorry your results were bad mate. Keep being positive, and I’ll no doubt catch up with you in Adrian’s “pub” 👍