Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

My Journey through HT and RT

User
Posted 24 Mar 2024 at 21:28

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Good for you, don't know you?, but have read a lot of your post.

Glad this long and arduous road for you has finally concluded.

Me, mine is just beginning, told I have contained PSC ?, offered Radio or Surg, still not sure?. Starting the long road of HT tomorrow, oh Dear not looking forward to that as I feel fine, of what I have heard its not good, my son in law is after my van, told him I,m not dead yet, haha. A journey ends and another begins I guess, all the best  to you .

Thanks for that Robin and good luck on your journey. The HT has certainly been a bit of an ordeal for me but I’m still here and many men get through it without any problem. I have no idea why but I would really like to know🤷🏼‍♂️
I’m still determined to get through the last 3 months and this has given me the inspiration I needed…I just want to feel ‘the urge’ again, with a set of legs to enable me carry on with my life!

User
Posted 25 Mar 2024 at 00:19

Me, mine is just beginning, told I have contained PSC ?, offered Radio or Surg, still not sure?. Starting the long road of HT tomorrow, oh Dear not looking forward to that as I feel fine, of what I have heard its not good

Robin, if you decide to have surgery, you won't stay on the hormone treatment so it won't be the long road you are imagining. 

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 01 Apr 2024 at 16:01

GP appointment today about my hip issues. Not my normal GP but it IS Easter Monday. Anyway she was very thorough and has diagnosed me with Hip Bursitis. Arthritis ruled out because my movement and strength was good but she’s sending me for an X-ray to confirm. I think I had come to that conclusion anyway from Dr Google but it was good to have it confirmed. She’s given me stronger pain killers and referred me for physiotherapy…but there’s a very long waiting list so will go back to my own and pay privately. I found a very good YouTube video for exercises for Bursitis and what NOT to do! DO NOT CROSS YOUR LEGS!

PSA and Testosterone test tomorrow and then last🤞🤞🤞🤞 HT jab on Thursday…busy week but I can see light at the end of the tunnel😊

Edited by member 01 Apr 2024 at 16:04  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 04 Apr 2024 at 12:21

Yeah! I’ve made it!

PSA <0.1 (undetectable)
Testosterone <0.2….non existent🤣🤣🤣

I know Undetectable doesn’t really mean as much for us HT/RT guys but I really feel I’ve reached a magic milestone.😊

Last (ever🤞🤞🤞) HT Jab today and I can’t tell you how happy I am about that.

I must say Fife NHS is very well organised…I was told not to worry, they are not forgetting about me, I will get a letter every 3 months to remind me to get a PSA test and then a letter with the result. Going to be an anxious time every 3 months but I’m going to focus on getting my ‘body’ back.

A wee celebration drinkie tonight I think.

Thanks to everyone for their support on my journey, it’s been amazing and I will continue to be an active member of this forum.

User
Posted 04 Apr 2024 at 12:26

That's great news Derek! Really pleased for you.

Ian.

User
Posted 04 Apr 2024 at 12:37

Excellent news, time to celebrate.

User
Posted 04 Apr 2024 at 13:54

Well done Derek!

Wait until your libido fully returns. Your wife will have to try and sleep with one eye open.😁

User
Posted 04 Apr 2024 at 14:57

Great result Derek!

You've certainly earned that celebratory drink.

Kev.

User
Posted 04 Apr 2024 at 15:46

Fab news- start of the journey back to less aches and pains and away from hormone hell.  Kate 

User
Posted 04 Apr 2024 at 19:16

Excellent news for you Deco. Enjoy your celebration drinks

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 04 Apr 2024 at 19:39
Get on it Derek. You only live once ! Congrats 🙌